Custom Shift Boot for Stock/Kartboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered mine just in time! It's just sitting here on my desk waiting to be installed. I am sick but I may try to do it today since it isn't 0 degrees out for once.

The boot is so cool. Its awesome, thanks man!

hazeXban said:
I ordered mine just in time! It's just sitting here on my desk waiting to be installed. I am sick but I may try to do it today since it isn't 0 degrees out for once.

The boot is so cool. Its awesome, thanks man!

Glad you like it. Just be careful if it's really cold out. I wouldn't want you to crack any of your interior.

Delivery_Guy said:
Hey...
Currently no one has one for the TWM, that I know of. 505zoom ordered a boot months ago, but has been waiting for a MSP specific shifter, so short answer is no, no one.

I let my AMM status lapse...finals and the holidays really made it not worth while, but I'm planning on opening up shop again if there seems to be some interest. Probably get things set back up in early Jan. Hope you can wait.

Lastly, pricing would be $45 shipped to cont. US.

No problem man, family and school should always come first IMHO. If I have to wait a month or two, from what Ive read here in this thread, it's well worth it. Toss me a PM or something when you start back up and I'll order one.

Minus said:
hey im interested. do you have any pics of one with blue stiches or grey?

Thanks for the interest everyone. I've got you all down and will let you know when the "factory" is back open. For color samples, all I have is this right now...
color_samples.jpg

I'm waiting to get some blue thread...so I'll post a picture of how that looks after I get it. I need to do a better job of getting pictures of the various boots before I send them out.

hrm well, grey would be cool too. hrmm. my stock boot has two small cracks in it, you can't see them but you can feel them, and i was wanting to replace mine with one a little more sporty.

Minus said:
hrm well, grey would be cool too. hrmm. my stock boot has two small cracks in it, you can't see them but you can feel them, and i was wanting to replace mine with one a little more sporty.

The only thing about the blue is when I originally started selling boots I got some blue to match the exterior paint and it was invisible on the black vinyl when I tested it. Can't say what the thread that is being sent will be like...but I'll post a pic when I finish his boot.

Mark-MsP said:
Im very interested :)

Are you planning another batch?

Yeah, I am. Seems like interest has picked up again! If I have time tomorrow I'll send my payment in to Antoine (spelling) and get my AMM set back up.

I'll post once I do that and I'll also set the first post in the threat back up for placing orders.

Thanks again for the interest!

I am interested in one with orange stitching.. will it work with the B&M short shifter? how much and have pics?

Lisakay said:
I am interested in one with orange stitching.. will it work with the B&M short shifter? how much and have pics?

There are some pics posted throughout the thread...otherwise you'll have to wait till tonight. The price when I start selling again should be $45 shipped in the cont. US. It will work with the B&M if you use the E-clip. I'll just have to go back and see which size it was that the other guy with the B&M used.

Ohh, I have this one pic uploaded...

NewShiftBoot.jpg

Ooohhh.. I love it as long as I can get it withOUT it saying Mazdaspeed on the front of it.. :)

Lisakay said:
Ooohhh.. I love it as long as I can get it withOUT it saying Mazdaspeed on the front of it.. :)

I'm sure I can figure something out. I'll let you know when I get AMM back up...sent in my payment today, so hopefully soon!

Looks like he got the status. Do you have any idea if this boot will work with a Greddy counter-weight? I know the stock boot does not and this is my partial reason for buying yours :)

Hey Everyone, looks like I got AMM back again. I reinstated the ordering options in the first thread...so have at it. Just so everyone knows though, I have a few orders in from before I took this short break which need to be finished before new orders...or at the same time. Also, we have New Years this weekend and a trip to Dallas next week, so there will be some long production times. Could be as long as three weeks. Just wanted everyone to be aware before they ordered.

Mark-MsP said:
Looks like he got the status. Do you have any idea if this boot will work with a Greddy counter-weight? I know the stock boot does not and this is my partial reason for buying yours :)

Not sure about the Greddy Counter Weight. The boot is designed to work with the stock knob just like the factory boot, but fits much better. If the factory boot doesn't work with the Greddy, then mine most likely won't. Doesn't mean I can't make you one that will though. I'd just need more info from you...and sadly, probably more money too.

Thanks again everyone,

Joe

Does the top of the boot where it meets the knob go under or over the bottom of the knob?

Mark-MsP said:
Does the top of the boot where it meets the knob go under or over the bottom of the knob?

It goes under the knob. There is a ring similar to one the stock boot that the new boot is attached to, this then sits down on the shifter the same as the stock boot with the knob then sitting down on top of that. When you tighten the knob down, it sandwiches the boot between the ledge on the shifter and the knob.

How does it work with the Greddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back