Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kiwi

:
2005 Mazda Tribute
Hi there.. I am looking to get a P5 now that I am sick of waiting for my VIBE to arrive. The P5 will give me 80-90% of what the VIBE would have so I am happy. Going to look at the dealers tonight and if Finance approved will get one.

I will have a roof rack added as an accessory and rather than be a "boy racer " I will be using it as more of a "get out and go " vehicle.

Now, what do you guys reckon is a good color?

Here are my thoughts:

Yellow : Very Sporty Looking - very very eycatching
Red : Not bad
Silver : a bit of everything.. class, etc
White : nice, rare (I've only seen one!) sporty
Back : nice, but hard to keep clean..
Blue : " "

So what color do you have?

Last edited:
at first i didn't want white, but i've really grown to love it...and plus, i don't see too many where i live...:p

I used to have a White Mitsi Mirage Cyborg ( I think they are called "COLTS" in the USA) and man it looked nice.

I think white might be nice.. here are my picks in the order I am thinking

Yellow/Silver
White
Blue
Red

Well Boys

Well boys, this whole damn time, i've been in it for the Midnight Blue Mica, P5, but recently ya know what.... I think i'm gonna go with a red one, origianlly i wanted to get a red car, and i think that i am going to get one now, but who knows, it's not for sure yet.

well, I went in this evening, and if financing goes thru, I am getting a 2003 Protege 5!!

*AND* its in the new Laser Blue color!!!

Saw a couple at the dealership and man does it look sharp.. maybe get myself some gold rims and make a wannabe Subaru! ;-)

There is also a suttle difference in the 2003 yellow compared to the 2002 model.

Re: Well Boys

kbro said:
Well boys, this whole damn time, i've been in it for the Midnight Blue Mica, P5, but recently ya know what.... I think i'm gonna go with a red one, origianlly i wanted to get a red car, and i think that i am going to get one now, but who knows, it's not for sure yet.

Dude, I just ordered a LASER BLUE 2003 model.. really nice...
looks a LOT sharper and same blue as on the MP3.

Check it out at a dealer!

and so it starts.... the new laser blue p5's and proteges are being snatched up...

booooo for limited edition not being so limited when mazda realizes they can make more money

and funny how its not even people that really appreciate the proteges... cmon.. you were actually gonna get a vibe???? and why would you want your car to be a "wannabe subaru"... im not even gonna go into detail about how wrong that is...

Protege01MP3 said:
and so it starts.... the new laser blue p5's and proteges are being snatched up...

booooo for limited edition not being so limited when mazda realizes they can make more money

and funny how its not even people that really appreciate the proteges... cmon.. you were actually gonna get a vibe???? and why would you want your car to be a "wannabe subaru"... im not even gonna go into detail about how wrong that is...

:) hehehheh I was waiting for that!!! Yeah, Laser blues are showing up here in TO. I was amazed at the number of Yellow ones here. Silver is also very common.

The WRX would be my choice - not sure on what the specs of the Nth american models are (except the 2002 model here in Canada looks so goddam U-G-L-Y!) I liked the 2001 models we had in NZ imported from Japan.. Very nice.

Actually I saw the light!! I would loose a lot in resale with the VIBE being considered a Nth American car compared to the "import" status a Mazda will have. Dunno where you are, but in TO the feeling I get is "imports are better" and "my next car will be an import" . When I started to dig deeper the specs on the car were nice.. ie.. 4x Disc Brakes. great fuel economy. space in the hatch.
The worst thing I can see is that the roof racks are hidous!

oh, I like the new look lights. Now I have to decide on what tinting to get. 35% rear and maybe 50% front...

b.

I was madly hooked on the Vibe for a month or so until I drove the Protege5. I drove the first one that came off the truck - a stripped automatic with the Corolla four cylinder in it. It seemed "cool" enough, but the body cladding Pontiac so loves really turned me off. I came home from school for a weekend (to the Chicagoland area) where a ton more Vibes were being loaded off the truck. I knew I wanted the GT model with the Celica four so I went in and took it for a drive.

Let me say that I just was, at best, indifferent to the whole experience. Like the base model, it drove, steered, leaned, bodyrolled and sat like a truck. The six speed manual was exactly like the one on my dads now-dead 1982 Celica. Shifted notchy and hard, and you simply had to rev the little bastard into the 7000s-8000s to get the power desired. I will say that, on the GT, the power was definetely there. The VVTi is far and away superior to any VTEC I've driven. But like any Toyota, any and all power was up in the high RPMs and nowhere else.

I drove the Protege5 and just fell in love with it - styling, ride, engine sound, interior, handling handling handling and the transmission was so much more enjoyable than the Vibe. So its what, a second slower to 60 than the Vibe GT? Well, fully loaded the Mazda came in at almost $3000 cheaper than the Pontiac and if you check my sig you'll see where that 3 grand went :) I can't wait to meet a Vibe GT / Matrix XRS at the lights :)

I have got Laser Blue :D

I too looked at the WRX. It's FUN to drive and boy is it quick. But when you look at the cost of the Pro5 and the WRX then the insurance costs, getting the WRX didn't make sense for me right now, insurance rates are sky high since I am still under 25. I fear to know what they would be if I didn't have a perfect driving record.

I considered everything in this class, and the Protege5 beats the pants off of everything, PT Cruiser, Matrix/Vibe, Suzuki Aerio, and any other sport wagon in this class, can't hold a candle to the Protege5. Yes the WRX performs better, but it's well over $5,000 more then the Protege5.

Captain KRM P5 said:
I was madly hooked on the Vibe for a month or so until I drove the Protege5. I drove the first one that came off the truck - a stripped automatic with the Corolla four cylinder in it. It seemed "cool" enough, but the body cladding Pontiac so loves really turned me off.

Same here, I like the Matrix look better.

I drove the Protege5 and just fell in love with it - styling, ride, engine sound, interior, handling handling handling and the transmission was so much more enjoyable than the Vibe. So its what, a second slower to 60 than the Vibe GT? Well, fully loaded the Mazda came in at almost $3000 cheaper than the Pontiac and if you check my sig you'll see where that 3 grand went :) I can't wait to meet a Vibe GT / Matrix XRS at the lights :)

Yes, I enjoyed taking the P5 out on test drive earlier this summer. Coming from NZ, we drive on the *LEFT* hand side of the road and sit in the RIGHT hand side of the cabin so I was so used to shifting with my left hand.. well, it didnt take long to adjust to the change on the 5 speed..

I ordered the Laser Blue model as loaded as it gets here, but was dissapointed to see the Canadian version doe not have the rail style roof racks :(

Bri

I was gonna get Midnight Blue but they ran out so I got Classic Red.Mine was one of the four remaining '02 models(2 reds,a white and a black) and also it was the only manual tranny of the bunch.

Back