Help I have a flat tire

Rism

:
2003 WRX
Well Im gon my way home tonight and notice this clicking sound coming from the back of my car so i stop and check my tire only to find a screw sticking in it. Luckily the screw is stuck in there and is stopping the air from coming out. So I take out my jack and get ready to change my tire. When I get the last lug nut off i notice the tire isnt moving much, so i try to pull the tire off and it doesnt budge a inch, so I try again pulling even harder and still wont budge. So now im like WTF mate? An hour later I give up and decide to drive it home and see if i can get it plugged in the morning. Also while tightening the wheel lock I cracked the wheel lock adapter right in half, so im gonna need a new one of those too.

All and all this night ******* ****** but one good thing is that atleast it wasnt my brand new kuhmos that got it.

leave the lug nuts on the hub, but loosen them out abot 1/4 to 1/2 way on the studs. Drop the car to the ground (not like slamming it) this will jar the wheel loose. I have always had this problem on the Protege, every single one I have worked on, and this always works to get them loose.

I know it sounds rough, and I don't mean "release the jack from two feet in the air with the lug nuts completely removed". And no, I have never broken a stud this way. When you put the rims back on, coat the area where the rim meets the hub with an anti seize compound.

Yanking is the wrong approach. Best trick to get a tire off is the same way an air hammer works off stuck parts so easy. Use your palms and sorta bang on the tire or rim on each side, alternating right to left quickly until you see it separate from the hub. Then just slide it right off. Yanking will just give you back trouble or cause your jack to slip. ;)

take a rubber mallet to the inside of the wheel and have someone pullin as u hit it.. it wil work i have done it b4

If you don't have a rubber mallet, and your hands ain't doing it, get down on your ass and kick the thing: first left, then right. It will come loose.

Back