Delsing Klunk Fix Brackets!

That must be the problem then ... it's definitely a clear shot when it's not jacked.

It's a whole different story with no grease fittings ... probably looking at at least 30-45 minutes to jack the car up, remove the bushings, and grease inside them.

Fortunately, it's not something vitally important ... just do it when they get squeaky.

Hey mica, the Mazda 6 guys have been having major end link issues with upgraded sway bars. Any chance of you looking into one of those. Perhaps even just look over a car ith the bars installed before and after a problem?

1sty said:
Hey mica, the Mazda 6 guys have been having major end link issues with upgraded sway bars. Any chance of you looking into one of those. Perhaps even just look over a car ith the bars installed before and after a problem?

in his last post he said email him to get into contact with him. :)

Get a 90 degree nipple

I installed my brackets today and my mechanic notice the same problem....so he switched the nipple to a 90 degree nipple which makes it accessable when on a lift or when you get an oil change. Just pick them up at your local parts store....it will just make things much easier. Later

Greasing is easy if you don't jack the car - I've done it in dress pants in like 3 minutes but it's easier if you can lay down on the ground in front of the rear wheel (handbrake ENGAGED...), connect the grease gun, and 3 pumps (of the little grease gun). Then it's 2 minutes tops... UNLESS, like me, you've forgotten where the grease gun is, then find it's out of grease and have to get the grease out of the basement, reload, get grease on your hands, then have to find the Gunk (R) hand cleaner and some rags, what a pain in the butt (the grease gun, not the bushings...)

Murray said:
It's a whole different story with no grease fittings ... probably looking at at least 30-45 minutes to jack the car up, remove the bushings, and grease inside them.

Fortunately, it's not something vitally important ... just do it when they get squeaky.

I backed my car onto car ramps to get to the SB Bushings. I don't know if the SB bolts will be under load. I don't like things flying at me. I just loosened the lower bolt slightly and shot some grease in. DIDNT WORK. Can I undo them without dieing? Should the wheel hang (use a jack instead) to relieve tension? Just a note: It looks like there is DUCT TAPE stiking out of the bushing!!!
THANXANDLEMMEKNOW

367 (mp3yellow

Pmpkinhead said:
Can I undo them without dieing?
With the car sitting on ramps (assuming you have one under each wheel), there shouldn't be any load on the sway bar bushings. It's safe to remove them completely. I wouldn't do that if you just jack up one side, though. Make sure the whole rear end is up at the same height.

I can testify that it's OK that way. Even with a jack at the center (rear axel of course), it works fine.

Please email him directly if you are requesting to purchase them. He stated in other posts in this thread that he doesn't really check the thread that often and if you were interested in buying a set to please email him directly.

just a heads up, I came across a post where a member is making clunk fix brackets, new lighter design from what I understand and get this is supposed to be around the $200 or less range shipped....

You all screamed and cried for somebody to make them, well here is your chance to get them... Otherwise no crying when your car begins to clunk agian....

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123621848

Back