Couple of P5 questions...

MP5T

:
'03 MP5/'02 S10
Recently I traded my stock P5 headlights for the ones off the MSP... anyways.. I was wondering if anyone knew the wiring or what i have to rewire to use my high beams...also i cant remember if my amber clear corner on the bumper had a turn siganl or not... when i changed lights i relocated that light to the one in the headlight...and it doesnt blink... Ok, next question... i have an aftermarket turbo kit on it and was wondering if i need a trans cooler? I'm smelling trans fluid burning when i floor it up to like 80.. Someone please help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Hey,
The amber corner light is just a parking light. It turns on, but does not flash with the turn signal. As far as the lights go, I am not sure what bulbs the msp uses. Probably H4 though. In that cse, you would have to take the positive wire from your factory high beam wire harness and tap it into the high beam part of the bulb, which would be the top pin. In any case, I would go purchase the correct light bulb adaptor and wire it in from there. Fire hazards are a bad thing!!!

MP5T said:
bump...still need help with the trans problem
Yes I would definitely get a tranny cooler. They are very easy to hook up on the Proteges. Also don't boost much over 7 psi or you get rapid autotranny death.

Back