dexcool, mazda class action...

there shouldnt be any msp's with orange coolant. if fact mazdas orange coolant isnt the same as dexcool. why is everyone always trying to get something for nothing??????????

I would never leave antifreeze in my car for 5 years or 100,000 miles. That won't work in Florida.

Hmmmm The new 6s have orange coolant but I have seen nothing that says it is Dexcool, like in the new GM vehicles. Is all the orange stuff the same evil, corrosive crap?

dexcool si garbage i've seen more problem motors with dexcool than water alone. it turns to clay inside the engine

Well, I posted it here because I could have sworn I read where someone used this s*** in the MSP, but yeah, most people who have the problems are gm owners. More of a "heads-up".

The problem seems to be caused by not having the system filled to capacity, using the wrong type of cap, and not using the proper mixture. Dexcool type coolant will not maintain its properties if its mixed with the green stuff.

So if you use it, make sure that you fill the tank completely, fill the overflow bottle to the hot mark, and replace your cap every two years. Flush your tank well if you are going to be replacing the green stuff with this.

When I saw this thread yesterday, I said oh s***. I just replaced the radiator in my turbo Probe and added some Prestone Long Life ( which is orange) to it. I did some internet checking and saw a lot of stuff on GM trucks and cars. Human error is more likely the cause and not the product itself. You cannot just turn the key and go. You have to check things out periodically inorder to avoid major problems.

DAWIV said:
The problem seems to be caused by not having the system filled to capacity, using the wrong type of cap, and not using the proper mixture. Dexcool type coolant will not maintain its properties if its mixed with the green stuff.

So if you use it, make sure that you fill the tank completely, fill the overflow bottle to the hot mark, and replace your cap every two years. Flush your tank well if you are going to be replacing the green stuff with this.

When I saw this thread yesterday, I said oh s***. I just replaced the radiator in my turbo Probe and added some Prestone Long Life ( which is orange) to it. I did some internet checking and saw a lot of stuff on GM trucks and cars. Human error is more likely the cause and not the product itself. You cannot just turn the key and go. You have to check things out periodically inorder to avoid major problems.
Well, I know of two GM owners who have had their engines replaced because of the dexcool problem, so it is not human error. One of the guys said the dealer at first refused to do the work, but was then shown the impending class action, and replaced the motor. We'll see how it goes, but GM ****** up big time. I just hope I was drunk when I read that an MSP owner used this s***!

wicked said:
mine came from the dealer orange.
but it's water weter now
Hmm...something must have happened to get orange from the dealer...that's not stock. (But that doesn't mean it's dexcool, either.)

Back