My lug nut key MIA

UltimaGT

Contributor
:
'03 spicy orange MSP
Well I bought my MSP used, and when I went to go have the tires rotated the other day, I come to discover there is no sign of my the key device to take off the locking lug nuts...
Now my question is, what can I do about it? Are the keys all the same for every MSP? So I could find another MSP owner and use his, or am I going to have to have some guy use a special tool to get it off? Any suggestions are more then welcome

I think the dealer has something to take it off. They should also be able to get you a replacement.

do what i did, get a [edit for security purposes]. use a hammer and get it in there. then just remove. the socket from autozone worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
dominoy2k1 said:
do what i did, get a [w00t]. use a hammer and get it in there. then just remove. the socket from autozone worked for me.
That's scary that the locks are that easy to remove. I guess it'll deter em a bit longer than just regular lugs, though.

Last edited:
yeah, actually takes about the same time to get it off with the socket. my key broke last night so i had to do it this way.

:/

In that case, I'm going to remove the info. ;P I'll PM it to him or you can.. I'd rather not have it that public.

hey i had that same problem a while ago...me and my buddy mspeed101 were painting our calipers and my dumbass forgot to take the key off of the last tire that i was tightening. needless to say i drove it off the driveway with the key still on the wheel and now its lost somewhere in the city...so if u could help me out with this one too i'd appreciate it

Back