#()$&*#*$ Magnaflow update

shinzen

:
02 Protege ES Sand Mica
Ok,
Well from my first thread on this I finally have the stupid rattling fixed- I found out the hard way about the kartboy hangers and magnaflow exhaust issue(The kartboys rock- just not so much with magnaflow) After talking to magnaflow tech support(what a joke) and having them reccommend a piece of double sided sticky tape, which is almost as ghetto as the stainless steel pad I used, and them saying that the reason for the rattling was a change from mazda(i.e. different factory or a mid year change) I finally took it to the muffler shop here in town, they heated it up with a torch and we bent it down right before the resonator about 1/2".. Fixed the problem, and I can use the kartboys, what a pain in the ASS!! Anyway, for anybody buying magnaflow- for the sedan anyway, expect to spend another $20 to get it fixed (or have an acetylene torch handy)
/Rant

shinzen said:
Ok,
Well from my first thread on this I finally have the stupid rattling fixed- I found out the hard way about the kartboy hangers and magnaflow exhaust issue...
Geez, Eric, what's the problem? Got Magnaflow CBs on the ES and the P5 with no problems. Changed the tip on the '5 and did a little heating and minor bending to get the tip-bumper clearance I wanted on both cars and voila! :cool: Stock hangers...

Yeah, I just switched back to the stock hangers- still rattled on startup occasionally- I honestly have heard about few probs with the p5's, but there have been a few others with probs on the sedan- and I think batmang was having the rattling issue using the kartboy hangers- great products- waaay to close of fitment for the magnaflow- the shop basically did heat it up and bend it for me- thats what I get for trying to do everything myself....
Oh and the job is awesome!!! So far verizon has exceeded my expectations in every way! Thanks for the feedback on the resume gene

shinzen said:
So far verizon has exceeded my expectations in every way! Thanks for the feedback on the resume gene
Hey, bro, just pleased as hell it's working for you! :D

i had a similar prob.
the shop did all the work for free for me, so all they did was shove a silicone bushing in the most rear of the hangers... lowered everything just enough. didn't think about bending the pipe a little.. i think i might opt into doing that next summer.. but i'm keeping my kartboys... there's about .05sec of rattle when i start the car, but meh, that's just something i ignore, now.
although when i rev at 3000-3200rpm the catback sounds much louder than at any other rpm (haven't figured out why)

Yah, I just got really aggravated with the rattle, and when I was going around corners(of course at perfectly normal speeds!) the rattling was driving me nuts- the bending and going back to the stockers solved the issues for me- although I am disappointed that I had to drop the karboys. I haven't noticed it being a whole lot louder in that rpm range, I really start to notice it when I am really getting into it..

Didn't i warn u about magnaflow. Mine rattled like a b**** too. they arent good quality systems, except for their power gains.

akhilleus said:
Didn't i warn u about magnaflow. Mine rattled like a b**** too. they arent good quality systems, except for their power gains.
Yo, bro. Eric's talking about the system with Kartboy hangers...:rolleyes:

2.5" Not that I am aware of, it is available for the mazdaspeeds in a 3"(i think)- and gino- it was rattling even with the stock hangars until I took it to the shop to have them bend it a bit- btw anybody need a set of kartboy hangars?

Back