Help Needed!

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
Well, my ever growning need to waste money has again got me in trouble.

Today I picked up a Suzuki Katana 750. Theres only one problem, I can't ride for s***(rofl)

If anyone is going to be bored tomarrow and wants to teach a brother to handle this beast then there's a 12 pack and a session behind the wheel of the STi in it for ya (thumb)

Have you ever had previous experience on a motorcycle? It's best to start low (cc) than go high. Wear a helmet plus some kind of a jacket and gloves for protection from road rash. Good luck finding someone to teach you. What I first did on my first motorcycle was to learn the feel of the clutch (most important).

Good luck and enjoy your bike. No motorcycles for me anymore...Family talked me out of my previous life style (owned a kawasaki zrx1200, started with a 250cc ninja and various modded scooters).

I don't have really any experince. I was going to get a Ninja 250 but I just couldn't take how queer it looked not to mention I got the 750 for $500 under book value.

I know what you mean about the 250 ^_^. But it's dangerous to start with something that high. My friend, Randy from scootertherapy.com-motorcrosser, taught me awhile ago. Just take it slow. Figure out the engagement point of the clutch (left handle) and treat the throttle like an egg. Again, good luck and enjoy the bike. It's going to be fun once you smooth things out. I'm envious of you...

SpicyMchaggis said:
if you'd like i can show you a few things..i'm kind of far from you though
Thats why i didn't just PM you.

If you'd like to come up your more then welcome. Luckily for you, unlike Greg I live ont the NH border.

Ryoga28 said:
I know what you mean about the 250 ^_^. But it's dangerous to start with something that high. My friend, Randy from scootertherapy.com-motorcrosser, taught me awhile ago. Just take it slow. Figure out the engagement point of the clutch (left handle) and treat the throttle like an egg. Again, good luck and enjoy the bike. It's going to be fun once you smooth things out. I'm envious of you...
I hear ya and I guess the good thing is that the bike intimdates me enopugh to have alot of respect for it. I don't intend to drive it other then at 6 am on back roads on my way to work. Even that I am going to hold off doing for a while.

I am certainly not going to be rushing this.

I ride my friends dirt bikes all the time, rode my buddies 250 ninja. Id come, but I don't have brakes at the moment on the speed. Well front ones anyways.

Chris

I need a new back tire for my CBR, once i put one on i'll bring it up and you can beat on that..don't mind if you dump it, it was my first bike..years ago..i kind of have an emotional attachment to it..just saving pennies for a nice new 2k5 GSX-1000R

hey man..tires go out..do enough standouts and drive hard..they only last abou 1000 miles..i'd love to come up..what year is your bike?

SpicyMchaggis said:
hey man..tires go out..do enough standouts and drive hard..they only last abou 1000 miles..i'd love to come up..what year is your bike?
2001 Totaly black katana 750, 7600 miles. It already has an undertail and a slip on two brothers muffler.

noice..you should ask greg to let you use one of his beater bikes..i can come up to gregs and show you how to ride a dirtbike or something...i'd be worried about you dumping your new bike.

SpicyMchaggis said:
noice..you should ask greg to let you use one of his beater bikes..i can come up to gregs and show you how to ride a dirtbike or something...i'd be worried about you dumping your new bike.
I have no problem learning on my bike, I'm not worried about that, I just want to have to go at it alone plus I need to get it to a parking lot somehow. There is one less then a 1/4 mile away. A big ass park and ride.

The only thing you really should practice is stop and go. I taught my cousin how to ride a few years ago. Took a big parking lot and put cones in various places. You have to drive up to it. Stop, then turn around the cone and drive to the next one. Basically like a game of connect the dots. Traffic situations are very similar to this. Other than that, evasive manuevers are very necessary..A little risky to practice, but i'd have my cousin drive along at about 35mph..and i'd toss a cone 1/4 of the way into the road, far enough so he wouldn't hit it even he didnt' change his direction, just so you get used to things jumping in your field of view. A lot of times people dump bikes because things startle them and they shift their weight and dump it.

Here she is

DSC00270.JPG

DSC00275.JPG

Back