Anybody here get good Canadian Pro5 Prices?

kbro

Ok guys, i live in Manitoba Canada, and i am buying a 2002 Pro5, now i wanna get the sweetest price that i can, but the damned dealer says $23,300.00 canadian. Meanwhile the mazda.ca site itself, says $19,895.00 canadian, and it says dealer may sell for less. Now i would like to know if any of you canadian buyers bought for less. Please respond

Don't deal with Destination Mazda...they're all crazy there.

Go to Auto City mazda in Steinbach and ask for Richard - he'll set you up. Here's what I paid in Dec. 2001...

Base P5 $19,945.00
Automatic $1,000.00
Air Conditioning $1,000.00
Sunroof $800.00
Roof Rack $300.00
Window Tint $250.00
Wheel Locks $40.00
Bug Deflector $150.00
Tire Tax $14.00
Subtotal $23,499.00
Discount $875.00
Sub-Total2 $22,624.00
PST $1,583.68
GST $1,583.68
Total $25,791.36

*edit* may I add that Destination Mazda was over $1000.00 more for the exact same set-up! Yes - it's worth the trip.*edit*

Last edited:
actually, the price ($19,895) does not include:

Freight and PDI, $895
Metallic paint, $105, (which includes all colours except red and white)
AC, $1000
AT, $1000
Moonroof, $800

I got mine at $23,695, with no discount when yellow was still a limited colour. :rolleyes:

The dealer's cost to that at March 2002, was $22,115, I guess you can try to get a price as close to that.

Good luck with your search, but from what I heard you should be able to get a good price for a blue or silver.

Get the dealer to start with a blank sheet of paper with the $19895 list price and show you exactly how he got to $23,300. Then you will know what's in that bottom line price and whether it is right. Then go for at least $1000 off for a 2002 model . (I got $1000 off my P5 in April). I'm in the Toronto area.

Last edited:
My friend is the owner of the Mazda dealerships where i live. The dealer cost is not $22000+, its much lower than that.........also i can't tell you the price that i've got my Mazda cars for.......SORRY........All I can say is that its low!!!!!!!

silenttype23 said:
My friend is the owner of the Mazda dealerships where i live. The dealer cost is not $22000+, its much lower than that.........also i can't tell you the price that i've got my Mazda cars for.......SORRY........All I can say is that its low!!!!!!!

Umm, what lambofsilence posted is that a car equipped with options that add up to a list price of $23,695, has a dealer cost of $22k. That sounds about right to me. Dealer cost prices are no big secret these days. If you claim to have info that dealers cost is 'much lower than that', please back up that statement with some facts. I, for one, don't believe you.

frankd53 said:

Umm, what lambofsilence posted is that a car equipped with options that add up to a list price of $23,695, has a dealer cost of $22k. That sounds about right to me. Dealer cost prices are no big secret these days. If you claim to have info that dealers cost is 'much lower than that', please back up that statement with some facts. I, for one, don't believe you.

I feel like I have to back my numbers too:D I did my research on Carcostcanada.com, had to pay $10 per search. $22,115 is from there, but remember this is a March 2002 number, it may not be accurate now, since dealers from time to time get special rebates for those cars that manufacturers want to sell.

Man if you guys lived in miami FL you would get a mp5 loaded for about $17K thats sticker price. I got my mp3 for real cheap, hard to find but cheap i financed $18k nothing more nothing less

Man if you guys lived in miami you would get a mp5 loaded for about $17K thats sticker price. I got my mp3 for real cheap, hard to find but cheap i financed $18k nothing more nothing less

BluMp3Turbo said:
Man if you guys lived in miami you would get a mp5 loaded for about $17K thats sticker price. I got my mp3 for real cheap, hard to find but cheap i financed $18k nothing more nothing less

A little education is in order here on US / Canada exchange rates, which will show that in Canada we actually get a much better deal on the P5 than our American neighbors. The US$ is equal to around $1.60 Canadian. So, on the P5, our $19,895 CDN base list price translates to about $14,200 US. But your list price is actually $17k as you already mentioned. Why? Because the price is inflated by heavy tarrifs in the US on foreign manufactured cars to protect the US auto industry and and encourage buying domestically produced vehicles.
So your $17K is not such a great deal now, is it?

Last edited:
frankd53 said:

Yo buddy, take a chill pill, if you don't believe me thats fine.......just don't make it seem i'm a liar.........all i can say is that the dealership buys them for just over $20500.
Since he's a very good family friend, all I can say is that its between $20500 and under $23000. Believe this though, I would love to post the facts, I would have no problem with that!!! Its because my friend (owner) told me not to reveal the price to anyone. If you can't understand the reasoning behind that, i don't know what else to say but BUSINESS.................Let me just finish off with this...........If the owner himself was to buy the P5 for himself or any other Mazda vehicle, I get the price he would get them for. I guess you can exclude me from a regular public customer. Thats all.

Hope that clears some stuff up.

Silenttype, I'm sure there is no intention to mislead anyone... but without knowing what is on the cars you are quoting dealer invoice price on, the information you posted is just not that useful... for example you did not specify whether this hypothetical car includes air, auto, sunroof, for example. Maybe the car/options you are talking about happen to have a sticker price of about $22K in which case your $20,500 dealer invoice is right on the money and no surprise. There are many people working inside dealerships on these forums, and invoice prices are no big secret these days... and on this car, invoice price is about $1500 less than sticker, give or take a few hundred dollars. Now, your dealership owner friend may give you that $1500 and also give you a break on PDI/Freight, Admin Fee, etc... so I have no doubt you could save a sh!tload compared to any deal that the average buyer can make...

cool, yeah your right i am not the average buyer. He waives all the "FEES" etc. And yes the P5 is fully loaded sunroof, A/C etc. but manual trans. Aisde from this topic, the P5's compared to the competition is the best bang for the buck. Japanese made and all, but i'm kinda worried about the next generation P5's and possible future model changes involving FORD's materials:'(

Just waiting on my MSP and the RX-8!!!!!!!:D

frankd53 said:

A little education is in order here on US / Canada exchange rates, which will show that in Canada we actually get a much better deal on the P5 than our American neighbors. The US$ is equal to around $1.60 Canadian. So, on the P5, our $19,895 CDN base list price translates to about $14,200 US. But your list price is actually $17k as you already mentioned. Why? Because the price is inflated by heavy tarrifs in the US on foreign manufactured cars to protect the US auto industry and and encourage buying domestically produced vehicles.

dumb ass 19895 cdn is not 14200us its 12434 us according to a exchange rate of 1.6

frankd53 said:

anyways i got my mp5 for 25000 cdn on the road. with 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. also zero down and dont pay the first payment untill january 2003. :)
oh yea my mp5 has sunroof and ac, 5sp.

Last edited:
Hi.
Just curious if anyone used CarCostCanada.Com for getting quotes and dealer invoice price? For around $30 i was able to get the dealer invoice price (no big secret now) and quotes from 5 dealers in my area so that I could choose. Each dealer gave an amount anywhere from invoice+$700 with $125 admin fee all the way to invoice+$1100 with $175.

I was able to get the car for the following price:
Car $18,477
Package AF00 (AC and moonroof) $1,672
Freight $895
Air Cond. Tax $100
Dealer markup $600 (I haggled a lot for this)
Paint charge for Black Mica $105
TOTAL: 21,849

I wonder if I got a good deal. It was my first buying experience ever back in June and I really needed a car badly for the summer and didn't want to spend too much time shopping, researching, etc. Plus, I qualified for Mazda Canada's 1.9% purchase financing over 3 years so that was another incentive for me to go ahead and get the car.

Oh, and in my most humble opinion, the black mica is the best colour for the P5 IF (and this is a big IF) the paint is taken care of properly. I see too many nice black cars here in Vancouver that look nice from a distance but start looking terrible up close because of all their swirl marks.

And for any non-Canadians reading this, all the prices above are in Canadian dollars. $1.00 USD is around $1.60 CAD.
Vince.

Back