Interesting little article in the Mazda Fuel Magazine

YellowMP5

Contributor
:
2002 Mazda Protege5 YELLOW
Picked it up at the dealership today (July-August 2004 issue) and there is an article on page 16 titled "The online grapevine":

"Online study pinpoints the source and scope of Mazda enthusiasm.

The internet has become the corner coffe shop of the new millenium, where communies of people with similar interests get together to share information, experiences, and opinions. Message boards and chat rooms are plastered with real-time testimonials and proclamations on everything from toilets to restaurants, creating a virtual goldmine for today's market researcher.
Recognizing this opportunity, Mazda recently commisioned online research designed to locate, profile, and analyze current Mazda "evangelists" (people who go online to discuss and praise Mazda and its vehicles). BuzzMetrics, the survey group that conducted the study, targeted enthusiasts who communicate via online Mazda forums, such as www.RX8Forum.com and www.MazdaWorld.org, as well as those who participate in online general automotive forums, including www.automotiveforums.com and www.tripleplate.com.

The research led to some key findings:

• Mazda's "word-of-mouth share" (the percentage of people talking about Mazda versus other automakers) online has increased over the past two years.
  • The Mazda brand enjoys high positive sentiment and low negative sentiment among online evangelists.
  • The Mazda Protege and Mazda Miata enjoy the highest amount of online "word-of-mouth," while the Mazda6 and Mazda3 are growing.
  • Eighty-one percent of consumers discussing Mazda online are owners.
  • Sixty percent of online Mazda enthusiasts are under the age of 30"
I'll type up the rest of the article later. But just shows the mazda does read these forums and the do extract info from them. Just thought some of you might find this interesting.

Actually... they had another company do all the reading, and that company then regurgitated the information into something that mazda would like to hear so that Mazda will keep coming back to them. Mazda can give two drops of piss for their "enthusiasts"

Don't get me wrong, this is a great and very hopeful find, but some of us have just gotten jaded about how Mazda views its buyers

Agreed. If they cared so much then why won't they fix their s***? It's called stand behind your product and make sure the customer is happy. Two things that Mazda doesn't do for it's "evangelists". :bs:

Be careful, they are watching right now ....... I love Mazda.

Oh yea, add some damn power to your automobiles already. please!

mooS mooS said:
Actually... they had another company do all the reading, and that company then regurgitated the information into something that mazda would like to hear so that Mazda will keep coming back to them. Mazda can give two drops of piss for their "enthusiasts"

Don't get me wrong, this is a great and very hopeful find, but some of us have just gotten jaded about how Mazda views its buyers
I concur, although I am happy with my 2 Mazdas and my next car is highly likely to be a Mazda, I say this to Mazda (chair) (asshole)

1st step to proper research is to use GOOD RESOURCES...none of those Mazda communities mentioned are the main ones online (except maybe for the RX8 one)!?!?

I could have told them all that and more...just goes to show you how out of the loop a large company can be...;)

In anycase...Mazda has been watching this community for almost as long as we've been online...I suspect...

Back