Opinion on all weather matts

xenon929

Contributor
:
Boosted 2004 Mazda 3s
Hi,

I got the all weather matts for my 3 and decided to toy around with a bit of red paint, just curious about general opinion. Reason being is I'm 50 / 50 on how they look. Thanks!
X
552940_26_full.jpg
552940_25_full.jpg

hi xenon, it looks good..
BTW did your matts come with the clip?..because i boght mine and didn't have it.
I called the dealer who sold it to me and they don't know anything about that.(clip)

take some closer pics. it looks cool, but from the pics it looks kinda sloppy.....

(scratch) That's odd. I never would have thought they would make different carpet for different markets. Weird.

Mine don't have a clip either. The matts have the hole in them but no where really to secure them to. I'll take some closer pics tonight and put them up. (wiggle)

I have the all weather matts and like them a lot. I got them because I kayak, raft and guide on occasion, lots of wet muddy river boots in/out of the car. They work really well.

As for a clip. My 3 has a clip that fits in the hole of my all weather matts and carpeted matt.

Here's a closer pic. The pic actually does not do it justice...It's not a sloppy job, I'm kind of a perfectionist so.... ;-)

thanks for your comments! I decided to leave them like that. These mats are great for the outdoor people and people who live in rainy places. I live in PR and it rains here almost daily, they've proven to be extremely worth it as far as keeping the carpets dry and stain free. Easy to clean as well.

I'm a bit pissed that I don't have a "clip" for them though... (protest)

If anyone wants to know, I did it with touch up paint from Western Auto. Tornado Red LY3D VW02037
552940_30_full.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Like I said, I was 50 / 50 on them but now I'm more like 90 / 10 with your opinions. ;-) (cool)

xenon929 said:
I'm a bit pissed that I don't have a "clip" for them though... (protest)
QUOTE]

My car came with a clip/hook.
I bought my car in January 2004, and went to the dealer to order the "all weather floor mats", and when I got them, the hole on the all weather mats was about 2 inches off from the hole on my stock floor mats.

If my laptop was working I would post a pic. The clip/hook on my car is mounted the the floor using one of those plastic speed fasteners (don't know the actual name).

I'll just post a pic to make this easier to describe!

You can go to your dealer and ask the parts department for the proper clip for the mats. I recently bought the all-weather mats (strictly for non-winter use) and the proper clip came with the mats.

Hmm...I'll go over there today. My mats didn't even come in a bag. They just handed me the four pieces and that's it. Thanks for the (gossip)

Last edited:
Back