Help with CD burning

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
i have a 52X burner, but the fastest choice i have in Nero is 40x...is that due to my CDs or what?

most likely. are the cds marked as only 40x? all the blank discs have info encoded on them iwth things like manufacturer and max burn speed. that is what nero uses to set max burn for that disk. if you get get 52x cds, you'll burn at 52x (unless the drive doesn't like the disk) and if you get 10x cds, you'll only burn at 10x.

yeah, you can only burn up to what the CD is designed to handle. i remember reading somewhere that there's a potential for a CD to explode if it spins fast enough inside the drive.

Nero will dumb itself down for the media, the bus speed, your hd speed, and if another cdrom is too slow (if you are copying disc to disc with no temp image).

Nero 5.x would fail to burn at all if it did not recognize your burner. However, this may have changed in 6. It cannot hurt to make sure there are no patches available for your version of Nero.

The burner doesn't care what kind of cd is in which drive? A corrosponding drive that it's doing a copy of? Or the media it's burning to.

The burner takes good note of both media it's burning to and from, including format and size. The cd burner won't burn a 800meg iso to a cdr that is only 550megs. It also won't burn to a disc that is already closed.

I was talking about burning speed, if you put a 24x CD-R in the drive you can still burn it at > 24x (with the chance of problems of course)

Back