Alarm system...

Does anyone had an alarm system installed on their MP3 ? Which brand/model ?

I'm looking to get one but I don't know which one... So far I've been offered the Clifford Intelliguard 6000 (450$CND) or maybe the Alpine 8028 (349$CDN).

Thanx,

Martin

I have a compustar 2000AS top o the line. So far no complaints, it's really sweet (2 way pager).
I might have boomerang installed too.

------------------
enry, protegemp3.com webmaster

I have a Clifford Solaris ( model with autostart), cost me 500$ all included.. i might put boomerang too.. as it costs around 133$ / year and the insurance should change by about 80-100$...

Tough i know can add 2-way to my Clifford + a wireless immobilizer but its 200+ something more
wink.gif
I think boomerang would be more effective if i respent money because the alarm is fine!

[This message has been edited by Karl Marx (edited 09-06-2001).]

Lazer Auto.

But i wouldn't recommend them! There's a little 2 button pannel thats installed in the car, i had to use superglue because it didn't stick when i got it ( only noticed at home ) + they made a fucken error in my back window triangle ( the small one ) tint.. i have to go back there so they change it cuz theres a small crack in it.. idiots.. anyway they charge 600$ for the Solaris and he dropped right after i said "is that the best price you can do" haha.

Oh yeah.. if you guys didn't write the serial number on the window ( i don't know the english term, in french is burinage des vitres ) ... well Vitro Plus does it free.. yes free.. i was shocked, i didn't know there still existed free things in this world.
smile.gif

Thanx for the info...
smile.gif

What about Fortin Auto Radio ? Does anyone has experienced their services ? They are asking 450$ for the Intelliguard 6000 ... It seems to be expensive since you've got the solaris for 50$ more... ?!

Martin

[This message has been edited by martroy (edited 09-06-2001).]

Well i think the base price for the solaris is 600$ with installation. And without the autostart, you get the concept 200 and its 400$ i think. Dunno if the Inteliguard is better or worse than the concept 200? ( you'd have to read on their site and compare ). But i'm sure everyone can drop 50$ at least if you tell them something in the likes of "for 400$ i'll get it"...
smile.gif

Also don't go to Lebeau Vitre d'Auto they are the worse of their kind.

Seriously i'd suggest Vitro Plus. If i ever put boomerang thats were i'll go ( i'm still in shock after that free thing... )

I got my system installed at HTA motorsport... http://www.autohta.com/

My install went real smooth, no problems.
They're very pro and are car freaks just like us, so you know they will be careful.

Call the 514 number there, ask for Peter, tel him Eric (the MP3 guy) sent you and you wanted some info for the alarm.

laters

------------------
enry, protegemp3.com webmaster

i have installed a viper 550hf alarm and remote start combo. i did two LED's, one in each of the the side window defrost vents, 2 sirens, one regular but modified sounds and one mechanical siren. i also did keyless entry, trunk pop, and windows up and down. monitored with door trigger input, shock sensor, trunk pin, and motion sensing.

I thought my MP3 came with an alarm as part of the remote that locks the doors??? Is this not a good enough alarm? Any help on this matter is appreciated, as I am concerned for my vehicle's safty.

its just a doorlock with a panic button.. its s***.. get a killswitch at least ( anti-demarreur ) or a normal alarm..

My MP3 came with the optional alarm. The remote is the same as the keyless remote but the alarm will sound if someone messes with your car. A guy at work started his harley next to my car and that set it off. The alarm sounds like a person randomly hitting the horn which seems to gain more attention than a typical alarm.

Back