(wtb?)MP3 ECU's?

MikeBlueP5

:
2K2 Protege 5 (Sold) now 08 UrbanRunner
Anyone know the difference between the MP3 ecu's? I have seen several, and here are just a few i found on car-part.com.
FS9N-18-881
FS9N-18-881B
FS9N-18-881C

Also does anyone have one for sale for a reasonable price? I know not too long ago i think they were like 150-175 on car-part.com.
Anyhow anyone?

I think Chris may be able to get a guy to flash your current ECU. Ask him.

dudeondacouch said:
if you pm "ryanjayg" he will most likely trade with you.
thanks dude, but i forgot to mention i want to keep the stock p5 ecu and just buy the MP3 unit straight out.

the b and c and the end of the part # are just the newer ones, i should be able to reflash ecu very soon

hmmm good idea matt. i would have to ask chris how much it would run me for the flashk, but i wonder if it would throw a cel because of the variable intake s***. remember the MP3s didnt do this. BUt then again i guess it wouldnt because the reflash wouldnt be looking for that particular pin on the harness

no cel's here. i have both ecu's...just in case i ever get the $$ to boost. i'll check to see how much it'd cost for the guy to flash it for you.

nah, I'm going to keep my ecu, even after I go turbo.... there is an AEM in my future :D

wouldnt want one out of the shittyspeed. im sure they are running retarded timing not advanced like the MP3's

Hey Chris, could you keep me updated on that flash too? I want to do the same thing, buy a ecu from a wrecked P5 and MP3 flash it. I still want to keep the original one though. Let me know...

chris you just wanna race dont you? you have since when? just ask matt what happened to his p5 when we did. I think the only thing you have on me is the ud pulley and the ecu.

MikeBlueP5 said:
chris you just wanna race dont you? you have since when? just ask matt what happened to his p5 when we did. I think the only thing you have on me is the ud pulley and the ecu.
Yeah you beat my 5. I don't know how. I had all that money in mods.

You know with my axle-back and intake. That's a real accomplishment.

Ok guys, I've been on this thread for a few months and seen some threads on this "flash" -ing of ECUs. Can someone explain what this means, exactly?

Back