03.5 shift knob leather help!

raku

:
silver msp
ok, the leather on my shift knob has like stretched out. and now it doesnt fit snuggly any more and it just looked and feels awful. is there any way to shrink it back into place or something

HAHA omg mine too, i think we should all go to mazda and complain....i just pulled mine off, it is by far the most comfortable s*** knob i have ever used...

is it seriously comfortable? or did you say "s*** knob" on purpose? lol, i would go to the dealer if it happend to me, but knowing my dealer they wouldn't replace it because of my intake (tehe) ****** mazda dealers...

If it is real leather you should be able to wet it and then leave it in the hot water cupboard to shrink up tight...

I tried using the water method to shrink mine, but it just stretched back out.. I'm using the bootleg shifter that apparently came in the glove compartment (its all black, feels like hard rubber or something) but it feels a whole lot better than the fancy shifter to me.

MoJoeTCM said:
HAHA omg mine too, i think we should all go to mazda and complain....i just pulled mine off, it is by far the most comfortable s*** knob i have ever used...
Hey MoJoeTCM do you have a pic of the shifter without the leather. Mine is starting to get loose right where my thumb grabs on to it and I've wondered what it looked like without the leather. If you or anyone else has a pic you can post that would be great.

sport_20 said:
If it is real leather you should be able to wet it and then leave it in the hot water cupboard to shrink up tight...
WTF is a hot water cupboard?

Back