Front end clunk/pop and squeal/buzz sounds....

protegeV

:
Mazda...uh, something
So Im having two little prob with the front end. Both sound suspension related...

Whenever I take of, causing the front end to raise I hear this squeaky/buzzy sound...It happens again when i brake, causing the front end to go down...(This sound very faint and only audible with the radio off and more so with the windows down.

Also, after taking off and causing the front end to raise(this action seems to load up whatever the problem is) when I brake I hear(and slightly feel) a popping/clunking sound. Sometimes its just one pop, sometimes its two.
Tonight it got real bad when, while making a SLIGHT left turn(not an actual turn but just the road curved ever so slightly to the left) something got stuck where this popping/clunking was happening repetitively until I straightened the wheel out.

For clarification I have goldline springs on stock struts, Ive had the alignment done awhile ago and just started noticing both these sounds a little over a month ago...

haha, you wanna know what's funny? I almost have as many posts as I do miles on my car(5,300)...

but yeah, I do drive it (lol2)

thx for the link, I'll check it out.

lol...i read that thread already. He's having a problem with the REAR. I ahd that problem too, but fixed it a few days ago with the washer trick ;)

I think it was also meantioned deeper in the referenced thread that the problem also exists with the fronts... easy to check I guess.

"ProtegeV... The one man message board."

:)

protegeV said:
lol...i read that thread already. He's having a problem with the REAR. I ahd that problem too, but fixed it a few days ago with the washer trick ;)

haha, funny guy(lol)

nah, I did the same thing with the fronts...cant figure it out(dunno)

Bummer... well, I'm about out of suggestions, other than the obvious "check all your nuts/bolts and check to make sure the springs are seated correctly". I'm going to do the washer fix on my rears this weekend... hopefully it will get rid of my annoying squeek!

protegeV said:
haha, funny guy(lol)

nah, I did the same thing with the fronts...cant figure it out(dunno)

well I think Ive narrowed it down to the front sway bar bushings...

I got some grease on em as much as I could without actually removing them and i noticed the squeak went away on accel, but on hard braking it makes a new dumbed down kind of squeak that skips...like sccccrt-pop....sccccrt-pop....

so whatever I made it do now, I know the sound has changed so this must be the problem. Looks like its gonna be interesting trying to remove them and get some grease on em or possibly have to change them but i really do not wanna have to spend 3 hours putting my stock springs back on in order to take it to the dealer for warranty work.

OMG, OMG...I just went out and checked and you were right...3 loose lug nuts on the front left wheel..

how did you know??? ;)

what difference does it make? there were two next to each other, and one across that were loose...

yea thats the only why it would make for there to the pop clunk noise if it was ever other youd hear a rattle/clunk sound nothing lilke the pop clunk sound.

LOL!! man thats a messed up post.

Just wanna make sure I get EVERYTHING right before I install mine
SenorCorwin said:
yea thats the only why it would make for there to the pop clunk noise if it was ever other youd hear a rattle/clunk sound nothing lilke the pop clunk sound.

Latest posts

Back