just installed : crossdrilled rotors and hawk pads

haaswyk

:
02 P5
well i just installed my brembo crossdrilled/sloted rotors and hawk hps pads ...
i gota say they stop like nothing i have ever had before ..

the only downside so far is the noise ... the pads are a bit louder then my old ...

pics to come tomorow when its light out

haaswyk said:
well i just installed my brembo crossdrilled/sloted rotors and hawk hps pads ...
i gota say they stop like nothing i have ever had before ..

the only downside so far is the noise ... the pads are a bit louder then my old ...

pics to come tomorow when its light out

Where did you get the rotors from? and how much?

how loud?

What is the noise like? Can it be heard over the sound of a normal volume radio? Is it a squeal or other such annoying noise? Just wondering since my next paycheck I planned to get the HPS pads and and possibly PowerSlot rotors. (39950 miles on, first pad change).

FLSilverP5 said:
bump on the where. And did u install them urself?

i bought the rotors from metalmasters in CA .... 130$ plus shipping (they are the same company selling on ebay)
I installed them myself in about 1 hour with the pads ... its VERY easy ... 3 bolts to get the caliper's off ...

as far as the noise go's i was driving with the radio off and windows down ...i could here a small amount of friction noise when breaking ...with the windows closed you cant hear it at all ...

Attachments

• DSCF0097.JPG
    DSCF0097.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCF0098.JPG
    DSCF0098.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 546
yea i got the hawks to , the only thing i don't like is the crazy ammount of brake dust

FC3s Boy said:
yea i got the hawks to , the only thing i don't like is the crazy ammount of brake dust

hehe thats why i give the guy at the carwash 5$ to go over the wheels xtra well

Hmm.....i planned on getting the Hawk Pads when i purchase my rotors soon. Well, this isnt good to hear......and about the noise, crossdrilled/slotted rotors have a slight noise when breaking so thats pretty normal. I HATE BREAK DUST!!!!!

Rotors look good. $130 for everything or just two rotors?

Anyone else have input on what is a good buy for rotors and pads?

FC3s Boy said:
What would you recommend? I think I'm going to be needing rotors and pads soon (I think all the tuning has finally caused them a little too much wear. . .). Well it was bound to happen.

Little Beavis said:
Rotors look good. $130 for everything or just two rotors?

Anyone else have input on what is a good buy for rotors and pads?

What would you recommend? I think I'm going to be needing rotors and pads soon (I think all the tuning has finally caused them a little too much wear. . .). Well it was bound to happen.
it seems as allt he higer performance pads will give you some brake dust, maybe rishie @ auto rnd has some endless pads that won't

Hey, can you tell me how you prepped the rotors before installing? I have a set of OEM rotors waiting to go on the car but I am not sure how to handle them. They come with a fair bit of oil covering the entire surface of the rotor, contact surface and hat. Should i just wipe it off with a cloth or wash it off in the sink???

you're supposed to spray them w/brake parts cleaner after you install them(you can get it at wal-mart, etc for cheap)

when they're installed, grab the wheel stud and spin it while spraying the rotor at the same time...that should get all the oil/grease off

just make sure all the braking surfaces are oil free

Your rotors are on backwards. I've got all four on my car and it took awhile for the pads to break in. They get dirty as hell also.

ssmp5 said:
Your rotors are on backwards. I've got all four on my car and it took awhile for the pads to break in. They get dirty as hell also.

hes got them on right.

ssmp5 said:

after looking again maybe you are right.

NJP5Guy said:
after looking again maybe you are right.

they came stamped L and R .... those pictures are of the passanger wheel ....
do you still think they are on wrong ? ....hmmmmmmmm

haaswyk said:
they came stamped L and R .... those pictures are of the passanger wheel ....
do you still think they are on wrong ? ....hmmmmmmmm

I'm not sure now. i think after reading that other guys statement i have found that im not sure. im second guessing myself...not good. as long as you put the L on the driver side and the R on the passenger side you are fine. let me know....I've screwed myself up now.

NJP5Guy said:
I'm not sure now. i think after reading that other guys statement i have found that im not sure. im second guessing myself...not good. as long as you put the L on the driver side and the R on the passenger side you are fine. let me know....I've screwed myself up now.

haha well now im not sure ... im looking through a copy of SCC to see if i can find a picture of a car with sloted rotors ...if anyone knows for sure please speak up

thats what i was thinking of doing...looking at other cars w/ them. we shall see what i can find

NJP5Guy said:
thats what i was thinking of doing...looking at other cars w/ them. we shall see what i can find

i found 4 cars with them going the other direction and 2 going the way i have them ...however the 2 have the caliper on the other side ...so im 70% sure i have mine on wrong ...

Back