Its the Return of the CRX!!! (NEW)

MSP4EVER

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003.5
Civic CRX Set To Storm Back

here's nothing civilised about the new Civic. With the emphasis firmly on making its family hatchback more sporty than ever, Honda has radical plans for the next-generation car - and they include bringing back the CRX badge.

The mag's exclusive spy picture reveals what the all-new model will look like, and shows another interpretation of the Civic shape that has evolved over the past 30 years. The front end will be more rakish, while the current version's MPV-like styling will be smoothed out into a more conventional hatchback form.

While both three and five-door variants are expected to be available from launch - set for 2006 - Honda is also said to be planning a high-performance flagship coup. That would wear the CRX badge last used in 1997. All versions are certain to get Type R models, with power outputs in excess of 200bhp. Also expect less extreme cars with plenty of visual impact, but without the high running costs of a hot hatch.

However, there will be more to the new Civic than just driving thrills. Honda knows that a large proportion of buyers still place practicality as their top priority, so the five-door is likely to be one of the most versatile family cars on the market. Adapting design ideas from the Jazz, it is expected to get impressive interior space and rear seats that fold away to leave a completely flat load floor.

38073crx.jpeg

38073prototype.jpeg

interesting.... I wonder if in 2016, people will be sticking fat cans on those like present day crx...

I saw a concept of the new crx a year or so ago and it looked NOTHING like this, it looked much much better. it also spoke of the prospect of a 240bhp drivetrain. Sorry but i cant remember the mag or web site. either way its always good to see new models coming out. I feel the more attention manufactures give to compact preformance models the more others will try to out do the competition, giving us increasingly higher preformance with each passing year.

I think they should be using the headlights from the 2004 Civics...Afterall, the CRX's always looked similar to their coupe/sedan counterparts. I think it looks too much like an SI with these headlights.

I saw a concept of the new crx a year or so ago and it looked NOTHING like this, it looked much much better.
You mean this one?
crx_kit.jpg

Last edited:
2K3 MSP said:
I think they should be using the headlights from the 2004 Civics...Afterall, the CRX's always looked similar to their coupe/sedan counterparts. I think it looks too much like an SI with these headlights.

You mean this one?
crx_kit.jpg

that looks like a tiburon with a gti rims and a crx back

2K3 MSP said:

You mean this one?
crx_kit.jpg
Insight.jpg

Yep, that blue one is old & it's Pshopped. The silver one looks ok, but it's too similar to the current Si hatch in my eyes.

2K3 MSP said:

You mean this one?
crx_kit.jpg
damn...that looks awesome

I would also like to express my attraction to the blue car. The first one looks too much like the current SIR which does little for me. :D

Why is it that some random guy can do a photochop in his free time which uses existing Honda lines and and looks really nice, but Honda designers making mucho dinero come up with something that STILL looks like a mini minivan.

*sigh*

Black Majik MSP said:
Yep, that blue one is old & it's Pshopped. The silver one looks ok, but it's too similar to the current Si hatch in my eyes.
Yeah they look very similar to each other.

Someone e-mail this to Mazda and tell them to get working on a 200+ bhp Mazdaspeed 3. Between this and the SRT-4, the Ion Redline, the Cobalt SS and that 210bhp RSX. Mazdaspeed needs to do a 3.

Back