Speaker/Sub Settings??? (56k warning)

instylz

:
2004 Dodge SRT-4
Hey guys I'm new to all this so don't crucify me. :)

I just purchased two JL 10w0's in a custom box. It says they are fitted for 4ohms on the side. I have them mated to a momo c300.2 amp...(jl when I have $$$) (http://www.cardomain.com/item/POLC3002) I have a lot of settings on the amp and I don't know what to set them to. I notice when I mess with some of the switches the sub itself hits really good with no distortion but I don't want to blow anything. I changed the botton back to where it was before so I don't mess anything up. I also want to make sure the amp settings for the speakers are correct.

Speakers are JL 650csi 6.5's for the front and TR650cxi's in the rear.
AMP for the speaker is JL 300/4

Also is there a guide online as far as what some of the headunit changes do? I have settings on my headunit such as HPF Front...etc and I don't know what to set them to? Again I'm new to all this. Thanks

and lastly I was in my car changing settings for about 10mins and the speakers started going on and off as did the sub. I tried to turn the car on and it wouldn't turn over. This made me come to the conclusion that I was drawing too much power from my system which made the speakers go out. I let the car sit for a bit then tried again and the car turned on. Once the car was on I increased volume again and the speakers did not turn off. I hear there is something that aids in this? I have a new optima battery I am going to install as well as a grounding kit. Will a cap help? will I need two caps?...the lights were dimming a lot when I was testing things out.
Here are pics of my settings and the backs of the momo and jl amps. :)

IMG_0008[1].jpg

What HU are you running? that will help tell you what settings are available and what they do. HPF, for example, is High Pass Filter and that is a setting for either the front or rear outputs that will filter low frequencies out and allow the higher frequencies pass to the speakers. Usually the crossovers on the amp are a little better quality, but using the HU ones allow easier adjustments.

i'd personally suggest finding a shop and paying for an hours worth of their installers time to sit there and go thru your system and let u know what's what and how things work, i think that would be your most beneficial option and help you out in the long run.

Looks like you have your gain set to right in the middle. I usually keep mine at 1/4th. If your subs are cutting out I think its a sign that your amp is overheated. Crutchfield.com has a good description of this type of thing if I remember correct.

I don't think the amp was overheated as I couldn't start the car either. The subs and speakers were going out at random times...I think its the battery. I've heard of people here setting the gain to 100% with no probs how can I approach this?

Is your amp wired in to come on when you start the car? I see that blue wire so im guessing so. I have mine wired to a switch. Or maybe just double check your ground.

Yea the amp is wired to come on when the car starts. I only have the speakers and sub going out when the car is not running. When I'm on the road I can get it to any volume without a problem. The lights do dim a lot though will caps help?

ya i dont have one yet. really hasnt caused me any problems except maybe shortened the head light bulb life. id really check your ground though

Back