Official Perrin Thread

Official Perrin Thread

Hello all,

I started this thread so that you could ask questions directly to us. I wish that I could place text in other threads but do not want to be accused of thread jacking.
(jacked)

I would prefer if you bring questions to me.

Thank you

(burnout)

I'm glad to see that Perrin has joined the msp community. I was wanting to know if yall plan on doing any piggy back or fuel controller for the pcm? I look forward to seeing yall's products.

thanks justin h

I noticed you said that Perrin owns an msp. So, I take it your firmiliar with a few of the "quirks" mostly in the air fuel tuning. Have any plans of attack for those problems? Also, have the products your prepping for sale, been dyno tested? One more how much do you project you intake running?

lamp3 said:
I noticed you said that Perrin owns an msp. So, I take it your firmiliar with a few of the "quirks" mostly in the air fuel tuning. Have any plans of attack for those problems? Also, have the products your prepping for sale, been dyno tested? One more how much do you project you intake running?

P.S. Hey John, get ready for the flood man. ;)

For your Front Mount IC, does the charge/cold pipe route through the empty space opened up by the removal of the stock side mount IC? My only concern is the ability to upgrade to a larger radiator.

mx3ownzj00 said:
For your Front Mount IC, does the charge/cold pipe route through the empty space opened up by the removal of the stock side mount IC? My only concern is the ability to upgrade to a larger radiator.
marc, you're never going to get one.. stop wasting his time....

jus10 msp said:
I'm glad to see that Perrin has joined the msp community. I was wanting to know if yall plan on doing any piggy back or fuel controller for the pcm? I look forward to seeing yall's products.

thanks justin h

No, no computers at this point. That is just not our part of the industry. Look to PDXTuning.com for some computer help. They are local to us and do wonders with Subaru tuning. I know that they are expanding into other vehicles. They can let you know of up coming opportunities or can point you in the direction of a good Mazda electronics manufacturer.

lamp3 said:

Yes and no. Our vehicles are in pieces most of the time. It is usually not until we are finishing a parts line up that we get some real drive time with the vehicle.

kicker22705 said:
what are the i/c pipes made out of for the intercooler? is it stainless or aluminum?

Our boost tubes are made of high polished aluminum. Saves weight and adds luster.

mx3ownzj00 said:

I will have to check when I get back to the office on Monday. I believe that they do. I think that the pipes are routed in close to the radiator. I did not realize there was a cooling problem on the MSP. I will ask our R&D guys if they see any reason to upgrade the radiator. My first thought is no. Of course fancy polished radiators are quite showy, but. even our 600HP Subaru STI still uses the factory radiator, and it has a huge front mount intercooler in front of it. I'll get back to you on this one.

speedhawaii said:
any figures on teh exhaust and fmic?

I will have to get you some numbers on Monday. Our exhaust will be full 3" piping to an oval canister with a 4" slash cut tip.

Do you have a pic of your gauge pod mounted in an MSP or Protege? =) Also, how much is it? This is the one I'm talking about:

prngaugepod2.jpg

Will or do you have a fuel rail for the protege and will they work with the stock fuel fittings????

flat_black said:
Do you have a pic of your gauge pod mounted in an MSP or Protege? =) Also, how much is it? This is the one I'm talking about:

prngaugepod2.jpg

I do not. I will see what I can do. I see you linked to a picture on Vivid racing.com. MSRP is 159.99, though I think Vivid sells it for less. Ask your local dealer.

holokaustos said:
Went to www.perrinperformance.com and tried to click on the Mazda car, but nothing; there's no link! Why do the other three cars have links and the Mazda one doesn't? Thanks...

Our MAZDASPEED product lines have not officily been released. As soon as they are all links will work.

2k2silvermp5 said:
Will or do you have a fuel rail for the protege and will they work with the stock fuel fittings????

Yes, we do have a fuel rail and it will require no cutting or special adaptors. It will directly attach.

How much is your fmic, and will there be an option to keep the stock bpv setup, and have the pipes in black, or not coated at all so they can be powder coated?

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't so worried about putting in a higher flow radiator as I was just replacing the smaller MSP unit with a regular(larger) Protege radiator.

Eric- I hate you forever.

the whole I/C piping is polished aluminum? thats so sweet. i'm sold!

i feel akward asking this, but i think it should be asked. is the I/C piping compatible w/ other aftermarket intakes such as Injen and AEM b/c i know most members on the forum have them.

Yeah, is the exhaust full turboback? If so is it 3" from the turbos? Price? (pics)

Back