P5 Interior Durability

fandsw

Hey gang,

I will be in the market for a P5, as soon as I can sell my other car (hopefully before the end of the month so that I can take advantage of the 0% financing). One thing I'm waffling back and forth on is the interior material.....

So the question: For you P5 owners who've had their car for the last year, how is your cloth/leather interior holding up? Any wear/tear noticeable on the seat bolsters?

Thanks,

Frank

Frank,
The jury is still out on the leather since its only been available on the 2002.5 models. I wanted the cloth, but ended up getting the leather. Its not bad on the seats, but the fit on the door panels is poor. The seams look like they've shrunk and pulled away from the door panel edge in a couple spots. this ouccurred on all four doors. I'd stick with the cloth and scotchgard the crap out of it.

Cloth on the door seems to be showing signs of wear. I tend to lean my arm on the door and I'm starting to see a discoloration. Seats seem to be okay though.

Seven months on my P5 and the seats look like new. No issues there at all. As RyanBlueP5 mentioned the fake suede on the window sill can get worn if you're in the habit of resting your elbow there. I had to train myself to not do that anymore and mine still looks fine.

bmorton said:
Seven months on my P5 and the seats look like new. No issues there at all. As RyanBlueP5 mentioned the fake suede on the window sill can get worn if you're in the habit of resting your elbow there. I had to train myself to not do that anymore and mine still looks fine.

Ditto for me. 7 months and no wear except on driver's side carpet : heel marks.

bmorton said:

hehe... Too funny!!! I'm in the process of training myself too... Crap it's hard though, almost as hard as quitting smoking :)

RyanBlueP5 said:

hehe... Too funny!!! I'm in the process of training myself too... Crap it's hard though, almost as hard as quitting smoking :)

Same here!! One other thing (not a big deal) is the stock floor mat ring has broken loose. Since you dont have the car you probably dont know what Im talking about. There is a little bar on the floor that goes through a whole on the drivers mat. It has a metal reinforcment ring around the whole. Mine is about to break off. I tend to push my floor mat when I get in the car, so its sort of my fault.

i've had mine since march, everything seems okay!!! wished they colormatched the interior like they do in japan....

16 months for P5 and interior is holding up good except door panels are showing signs

16 months for P5 and interior is holding up good except material on door panels are showing signs of wear because of leaning on them.

I drive with my left hand, so the door issue is really not a problem for me. I've had my car since June, and it looks brand new, inside and out.

sam for me

i have the same comments as most people.

hey todd.....did your p5 come with the bar thing to hold the mat, because mine did not and it's a huge pain in the ass 'cuz my mat slides right up and catches on the clutch sometimes.

Re: sam for me

roswel said:
i have the same comments as most people.

hey todd.....did your p5 come with the bar thing to hold the mat, because mine did not and it's a huge pain in the ass 'cuz my mat slides right up and catches on the clutch sometimes.

That bar/carpet holder wasn't installed in my car and neither in my mother's ES2.0. We both found the part in the glove box...don't have to tell you we asked the dealer about this when they supposedly prepared the car...

Check with katzkin, they have a leather option that is complete leather, much better than factory, ours has the full real leather package, seats and doors, with custom logo on seats(option) that is really nice, keep in mind that leather does require maintenence to keep it soft and from squeeking. (silverp5)

Back