has anyone ported their throttle body?

cosmo420

:
2003.5 msp
are there any expected gains with the usual bolt ons? or would a larger throttle body from corksport be better off?

yea some one did , or is planning to do it, i cant remember the report back tho.
so bump for more opinions

i remember reading someone did, you're not going to see major gains from it though, nor are you from the corksport one

Better off getting the turbo manifol & downpipe ported and polished. You will def feel the increase of power at lower psi!

Chas

cosmo420 said:
are you sh!tting me?
hell no. I used to work at a performance shop..and we did lots of porting/polishing... on 2 mazdaspeeds...And both owners stated that they felt more hp at less psi!

Chas

but i wonder what kind of gains you would see if you did the whole system??

i.e throttle body, intake manifold, head, 5 angle valve job, exhuast manifold or and after market equal length manifold.

SOSPEED said:
but i wonder what kind of gains you would see if you did the whole system??

i.e throttle body, intake manifold, head, 5 angle valve job, exhuast manifold or and after market equal length manifold.
Well the whole idea but port & polishing exhuast manifold..turbo & such..is to increase the flow of exhuasts exiting the engine. This in turn will give you quicker spool as well as mor hp per psi!

Don't forget..if you go to large w/ port & polish..you will kill your tq on the bottom end of the power band!

Chas

03MSP said:
BTW, the Corksport TB is just a ported stocker.
i was wondering if that was a ported stocker, but i wonder if that is with a larger butterfly or not, in any case i will get to porting the sucker soon

I have the corksport one and it is a stock one ported and with a larger butterfly and you should notice improved throttle response and a little better top end.

I have ported my throttlebody awhile back.....Couldn't tell what gains it gave, since I did a whole bunch of stuff at the same time. However I am running consistant 13.6's and have had a couple of 13.5's........

Back