MSP Cracked Muffler Tip & Brake Rust

TheJohnny

:
12 MS3, 11 CX-9
Ok, car went into shop on Monday for the stock muffler cracking around the tip where it seems as though everyone elses is as well..... and there going to replace it for free. As well, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, the dealership turned my rotors and painted them for me for free, then also ordered a new sub-woofer for me as well. Talk about getting lucky... I'm not sure, buy they better have replaced the pads if they turned the rotors, but hey, I can't complain at all, they didn't need to do anything about the brakes at all, so hell, having them turned is nice.... but I can't wait to see what muffler I'm going to get... OVAL or ROUND tip..??? hmmmmm.. Time will tell. Picking up car tonight after work... until then the rental Cavalier and I are going to have some fun.. hehehe.. the damn thing has the best A/C i've ever felt, and here in Vegas that's a great thing.

hell yea, CONGRATS man..yea, im gonna go and try and get the rotor hubs painted and the muffler tips replaced/looked at...

My muffler tip had small cracks on the sides... enough to constitute replacement. Oh and this wasn't even my muffler, I had sold mine some time ago, then bought another on off someone on the forum...hehe. this is their muffler getting replaced... how cool is that.

thats great man, yeah my mufller is definately cracked along the out rim....hope i can get mine replaced too.....rotor hubs......hmm now, that is a different story....one dealership said that it was 'cosmetic' and they wouldnt replace it!! those BASTARDS!!!

Yeah some won't but my service writer knew that they were supposed to of been clear coated or some protective coating put on so he took care of me, talk about luck huh!

If you want your AC to be more effective, you can try wrapping the S-Pipe in thermal wrap. Might be a pain in the ass with the S-pipe still installed on the car, but it will protect the AC compressor from the heat and improve your AC. I wrapped my thermal coated ION S-pipe in thermal wrap and it made a huge difference in terms of how effective the AC was. I am also contemplating putting some kind of custom heat shield in there to further isolate the AC compressor.

TheJohnny said:
My muffler tip had small cracks on the sides... enough to constitute replacement. Oh and this wasn't even my muffler, I had sold mine some time ago, then bought another on off someone on the forum...hehe. this is their muffler getting replaced... how cool is that.
did u actually put in on your car for them to repplace it?

ok, i had my stock muffler cut and replaced with after market, but then hated the sound and bought a stock one again. Should never of gotten rid of it. Now I have someone elses stock one on my car and it cracked so their replacing it.....

UPDATE: Got my car back today here is the breakdown:

1. Muffler cracked: New one on order
** Not sure if I'm going to get a new oval tip or round tip **
2. Stereo on order will replace
** was sticking in the open position about 4 times now, failed their test **
3. Subwoofer on order will replace
** was buzzing all the time **
4. Front brake rotors turned - good faith one time only
** horrible pulsation from front **
5. Rear rotors will have to be looked at by some Mazda guy next week
** rust on rotors, if they don't fix them I'm having turned myself and painting **
6. A/C is fine but works best when on setting 3, setting 4 not as cold (weird huh!)
** I do live in Las Vegas and can't expect my car to be an ice box **
7. Rear clunk could not be duplicated - checked all struts and bushings looks ok
** will probably change out the bushings myself, looking for 'E' bushing part # **
8. Dome cover was warped - new one on order
** this thing was warped from day one, just never got around to getting new one **

Anyway, I hope that my experience may help others, if not then oh well, but my service writer was awesome.

Back