Just want to vent+

inflames1832

:
2003.5 protege5
Just wanted to say that im sick and tired of losing races to hondas!!!! A week ago i raced a 94 or so prelude didnt really know what mods he had except for an exhaust, but yeah i lost that race. Yesterday i get owned by an early 90's accord. wtf!?

Not so sure about the Accord, but the Prelude isn't much of a surprise. They are pretty quick from '94 on.

My buddy bought the new zex wet kit for his integra. 75 shot, took him from 15.2 stock to 14.1. Supposedly its a fool proof you wont blow your engine kit but i've heard mazdas and Nitrous dont get along too well.

inflames1832 said:
Supposedly its a fool proof you wont blow your engine kit but i've heard mazdas and Nitrous dont get along too well.
Nothing is EVER fool proof:D Just learn how to use it, and you should be good.

unless your boosted, dont bother racing anything. cause everything will beat you. :D

Not necessarily, but finding out what our cars can and can't beat would be a good starting point...Choose your battles wisely. But, I guess bragging about beating a Civic DX isn't really worth bragging about at all now is it??

inflames1832 said:
I have a racing beat catback system, injen CAI,KB bushing and SS. If only i had the $$$ for one :(
buy matthew's it's cheap, $2,300!

batmang said:
unless your boosted, dont bother racing anything. cause everything will beat you. :D
In fact, don't bother racing anything at all, unless you're at the track. Despite what the movies tell you, street racing is incredibly stupid.(chair)

Not a big deal

I too feel your pain. Nothing else bothers me more than to have a little civic pull up beside with a muffler loud enough to bust an eardrum. Although I do find it funny how most of the time he's not going anywhere at any decent rate of speed.
Mazda is known for it's handling and that will always be to our advantage. They haven't created a true drag horse since the RX-7 and, when they do produce something fast, it only gets produced a few years. Hence the MX-6 and especially the V6 MX-3. Mazda has rarely kept a model long enough for vendors bring out an abundance of performace parts. The Civic has been around for so long now that parts are everywhere. Hopefully the P5, MP3 and MSP will retain decent aftermarket support. Only time will tell. It it wasn't for that kind of support. Civics would be a drag racing joke. IMO.

you can make your car fairly quick w/o boosting(it's what i'm going for). just lose the weight. you don't see 300lb people running the 100m dash in the olympics right???!! Think rotational mass...ie...wheels,flywheel,pulleys. engine mounts will help too.

As a former '93 Prelude 2.3L owner, I can tell you right now....
any prelude from 91+ is going to be faster than a stock p5. Where the p5 will
take the prelude is in the bends. Mind you, the prelude can take em very well,
but the p5 has better suspension for cornering.

Unless you are trying to run the base model 2.2L prelude s, the Stock 2.3L Si, and the
2.2L VTEC will take any stock p5 without mods in a straight line if it's a driver
that knows how to shift.

xelderx said:
Stop racing in a straight line.
Exactly, use XelderX's avatar for example....lol Well, not literally, but P5's have great handling in the twisties.

Turbo is definetly the way to go, but yeah, it's pretty pricey. Nothing has beat Ghost's P5 yet. He puts a Mazdaspeed to shame... like it was standing still.

Back