Legit door ding fixes... anyone have one?

Pkay

Anyone have a legit door ding fix story? Do any of these kits work? Is it worth paying for someone to pop them/roll them out?

discuss the world of door dings

Iv'e found that the best way to fix a door ding is to be lucky enough to have the car that did it still there when you return to your car. Investigation will reveal if the adjacent car is responsable, and a proper key-ing of the accused feels GREAT inside. We are lucky enough to have really sensitive shock sensors, so they'll know if they hit our car and can't play stupid. Door dings look awful on an MSP...completely ***** up those nice creases.

There is a great local guy who did all my door dings for free at the last MOCC meet. I have his card at home, and I will post it later. He did a great job, and you wouldnt even know they were there.

I've used the Ding King Tool on 2 cars with good results. It was worth the $20. It does take an hour or so to fix a big dent.

Here is Consumer Reports advice:
"Our tests of two kits, Ding King and DentOut, showed that both worked about the same, but the Ding King's lower price makes it a better value. We also liked the adjustable feet on the Ding King's pulling bridge. Either kit is worth trying, although they are limited in use and we found it hard to achieve perfect results.
Experience is important for getting professional results, and our amateur testers had trouble achieving them. If youre willing to settle for a less-than-perfect repair, you might try one of the kits. The investment is relatively small, and if you dont like the results, you still can go to a professional."

had a ding removed by dent wizard .. www.dentwizard.com .. not sure of the cost, the dealership covered it (they gave me a 90 day warranty towards things like that when i bought the car new).. but i know they outsource it to dentwizard, then the dealership paid them instead of me..

looks brand new.. you can't tell the ding was ever there.. still wish i knew how i had gotten it?? it was right below the sidemarker lens on the drivers side..

ive heard that dentwizard does good work. luckily ::knocks on wood:: i havent had to call them yet

I had a 4 inch ding (more like a gash) from a recent trip to the grocery store..some bastard in a suv or truck fugged me up! I tried ding king, no way in hell it was going to fix that. Tried for an hour. The estimate from the bodyshop was 525 bucks! Just for the damn ding/gash on the door, they had to do all the prep work, sand, fill primer, repaint and clear coat it. As a last resort and hope I called dentpro and he came out and pulled that out and some minor dings to where you can only see (the large gash) it in certain angles of light! Man was I happy! He did great work! Best 125 I spent..

Back