• What the hell are you talking about?

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

cbcbd

...and it was all yellow
Contributor
:
02 P5
Curious to see how many people in here are in the loop about setting side mirrors to show your blind spot.

Granted that it might be a little difficult for us since it seems that our mirrors don't go out far enough for some.

i keep it so i just barely see the side of my car.

i just check my blind spot when changing lanes. :p

i used to adjust it so that i can slightly see the side of my car. that way i get a point of reference as to where and how far away the cars are behind me.

but for the last couple of years in the p5 i adjust all the way to the sides so that i can see the blind spot, which i still can't seem to see 100%. you would think that with all the safety they put into cars somebody would come up with a better damn mirror.

i don't like those little stick on mirrors. i think they are ungly and destract from the appearance of the car no matter how small they are, but that's just me...

YellowMP5 said:
i don't like those little stick on mirrors. i think they are ungly and destract from the appearance of the car no matter how small they are, but that's just me...
Yeah, they look a little funky, but the P5 has a killer blind spot. (eek2)

my mirrors are adjusted so i see the side of my car and over. i have a wide inside mirror to view the blind spot(s).

YellowMP5 said:
but for the last couple of years in the p5 i adjust all the way to the sides so that i can see the blind spot, which i still can't seem to see 100%. you would think that with all the safety they put into cars somebody would come up with a better damn mirror.

I'm not too tall, 5'8", so the mirrors just make it to show me my blind spots. The P5 mirror just doesn't adjust too much out that way, it's one of the only kind of annoying things when I first got it. I could see how someone who is taller and sits with the seat farther back wouldn't be able to do this with our cars even if they wanted to.
It's good to have the back and sides covered by mirrors. The only time I stick my head to the left to catch the side of the car is when I'm backing out of a driveway.

The mirrors are suppose to show a parabolic view of the rear. So your driver's mirror should not show the car if you're looking straight ahead (or normal driving position). When you tilt your head slightly, then yuo should see the car. Same applies to the passenger mirror, if you have one. The rearview mirror is just common sense.

Mine are both adjusted out all the way. I have no blind spots. I can watch an overtaking small vehicle, even a motorcyle:

At first in the rear view mirror. Before the vehicle is out of view from the rear view mirror, it is visible in one of the side mirrors. Before the vehicle is out of view from the side mirror, it is right next to me and plainly visible.

jersey_emt said:
At first in the rear view mirror. Before the vehicle is out of view from the rear view mirror, it is visible in one of the side mirrors. Before the vehicle is out of view from the side mirror, it is right next to me and plainly visible.
Exactly! I have no idea why in driver's ed they still teach people the redundant way of setting up your mirrors.

For me the damn things don't go far enough out either- so I am forced to look occasionally which is just annoying.

Back