rear seat seatbelt

what do you guys do with the middle passenger seatbelt strap?

I never have more than four people in the car, so I unbuckled the middle passenger seat belt strap...but it's just hanging loosely in the trunk...and it's pretty annoyingly loud.

any suggestions on what to do?

I don't want to get rid of it, because I never know if I'll be carrying another passenger or not, but I'd like to get the strap out of the way...

Mid rear seat buckle

I just leave mine buckled in, shoulder strap in between left headrest support pins so it fits flat on the seat. I have no idea on how to make it disapear without it knocking loose in the trunk...

You could either just tuck the metal buckle back into where the belt comes out of, or even zip tie it into place. I think I opened up the small deck there (just pull up and it'll pop out), tucked it into the space there, and just snapped the deck back into place.

Re: Mid rear seat buckle

Red Baron said:
I just leave mine buckled in, shoulder strap in between left headrest support pins so it fits flat on the seat. I have no idea on how to make it disapear without it knocking loose in the trunk...

I just leave mine buckled in as well. It just sits flat against the seat.

Mines in the truck, but I fastened it to the back of the backseat (has a metal braket) using a twist-tie. Works for me, and comes apart real easy.

thanks to ArkosP5.

I was able to pull up on the plastic cover and tuck the buckles into the same spot where the seatbelt mechanism is.

no more rattling!

Ironically, I'll bet that I'm going to need that seatbelt sometime this weekend...

:)

Back