Rear Turn Signal Bulb

ARunto

Contributor
:
'03 Black Mica #226
Ok I need to replace the rear amber turn signal bulb. All it says on the bulb is 12v21w. Where do I get a bulb like that? They didn't have one at the auto parts store.

Thanks,

-Alan

It is very difficult to find a 12v/21w. I went with an 1156 12v/27w silver coated version and it looks great.

Another thing to keep in mind are the arrangements of the prongs on the OEM bulbs. The prongs do not line up in a straight line. When you eyeball the prongs from the top of the bulb, the OEM Bulb prongs make a 120 degree alignment, as supposed to a standard 1156 180 degree. When you pull out the OEM bulbs, you'll know what I mean. I sanded one of the prongs off, using a belt sander and popped the bulbs right in. Works fine. Otherwise, you may need to check out www.sounddomain.com.

Exactly. Tryin' to find another 'stock' turn signal bulb for the MSP is damn near impossible. I actually went to my Mazda dealership .. and it took them nearly an hour to find two bulbs.

I'd go with what omega said .. Just go out and find a set of 1156 that you like, and sand off one of the contact points. They'll hook into the socket and work, no problem. I did that with a set of white bulbs before, and everything was just fine. Looked good, too. Only reason I took 'em off was cause cops in Jersey kept giving me s*** for not having an amber turn signal bulb. But the whites are gonna go back in as soon as I'm back in PA for college. :D

There is another place that sells those bulbs you are looking for in silver. However, you need to purchase them from this dealer:

http://www.autolamps-online.com/products/svcentre.htm

I don't know anything much about this company, but they do sell that exact same bulb you are looking for in silver. In addition, they have a schematic of the bulb prongs that I was trying to describe in my previous post. Happy hunting!

A lot of peeps on here changed their bulbs, someone here should have one for ya. If you use a different bulb, you may want to change both fronts or both rears or all 4. Otherwise it may look funny with the hazards on.
MSP 367 (mp3yellow

PS: I have a sunroof (boobs)

Last edited:
yeah i tried the 1156 and it didn't fit i guess i'll have to sand it down

Back