Mandrel bending shop is almost ready for business

DSMConvert

AWD...say Bye Bye
:
Titanium MS6
Well everyone after 6 months of setting up everything it looks like we're almost ready for business. We'll be well equipped to do custom hardpipes, intake, and basic exhaust stuff. Like the title says everything will be mandrel bent and backed with a life-time warranty. Initially we will be concentrating on MSP hardpipes, intake and a catless mid-pipe for p5s and the MSP. The focus and reason for our shop is to offer a cheap alternative to the overpriced companies currently producing these products. Here are the target prices we are shooting for, these are not set in stone, but I'm fairly confident that when we finish the protypes and figure out our costs well will be right around the mark.

MSP Hardpipes(Includes mandrel bent hardpipes with high temp paint, hump hoses and t-clamps): Under $200

Intakes(again mandrel bent, will offer both short ram and cold air fender versions, all connectors included): Under $150

Pipe & Intake Combo: Under $300(Now consider that this would usually cost you 250 for the injen and 400 for the pipes, you'd save over 350 bucks!!)

Midpipes are still in the design stage we're currently figuring in flex piping and resonators, so I really dont have a price at the moment other than we're looking to make it for under 130 bucks.

Since the focus and motto of our shop is functionalilty and quality, we will not offer chrome or powder coating. My partner and I both agree that this helps none with performance and only serves to increase costs. Give me a few weeks and I'll have pics and testimonials of local customers..

Mods: I've contacted several of you and havent heard back as to what I need to do for the vendor authorization(this excludes jersey who instructed me to contact antoine).

WOW! the hard pipes and mid pipe i am definately interested in!!!! keep us posted!!! im sure you will get alot of responses from this post with those kick ass prices! (dance)

Last edited:
Sounds really good! Although, I wish you would've started earlier! haha

I don't need those things anymore. :(

yeah DSM, awesome news.
please please please! make the hard pipes work with injen.....pretty pleeeeaaase?

Dr.Sound said:
yeah DSM, awesome news.
please please please! make the hard pipes work with injen.....pretty pleeeeaaase?
i second that b/c i just ordered mine and should arrive tomorrow!!!!

Sounds good! I'm really interested in the midpipe. I know it's early so I won't expect a rock solid answer, having said that... will it be 2.5" or 3" piping for the midpipe? (2thumbs)

those prices are awesome. and with a lifetime warranty?? sweet (2thumbs). if you make a downpipe/midpipe combo w/ hi-flow cat, with those prices, i'd most definitely be interested.

Glad to see some other alternatives out there. I look forward to seeing what you guys will have to offer for final prices.

Any plans on offering a dual BPV setup similar to 505's with your hardpipes? Corksport was supposedly working on that, but I haven't heard jack about it even after e-mailing them a couple of times.

DSMConvert - yes you need to contact Antoine to get Authorized Vendor status. Let me know if he hasn't gotten back to you.

Kick ass. =) Hey, DSM, since I know no one will be looking for what I need, would you be able to do a one-off, by any chance? I'll PM you with details, once you respond, if that's cool. =)

Cool, make a pipe to replace between the cat and the muffler-and sell just that. I want to keep my HKS axleback, but want a cat back! It would fit both MSP and protege...

Can't wait for this stuff. Definitly going for the hardpipes when they come out. And the intake too.

flat back, let me know what you want to have fabbed up and I'll get back to you. the hard pipes will pretty much be customized for each customer as far bpv/bov setup goes, but for the time being we wont be offering a dual setup(its a possibility down the road, but we want to get the basic designs into production before we get too deep into customization and developement). Jersey thus far i havent receive a response except from you last week. I havent attempted to contact anyone again since posting this message, I figured you guys would read it and pm me.

Back