Rare/Wrong Mazda 6s

TheJohnny

:
12 MS3, 11 CX-9
Ok, so my Finace has a Mazda 6s with the performance package right. Well she does not have the integrated fog lamps in the headlights, the EL guages, the titanium pieces on the window switches, and didn't get the 17" wheels. They gave her the 16" wheels instead. She does have and paid for the performance package, now shouldn't this of included the 17" wheels, the EL guages, the Titanium inserts and the integrated fog lights? Any ideas on who to call, maybe Mazda USA, to give them the VIN to see what it was supposed to come with.. and there is no paper work, it was stolen out of her old car when it was stolen..... so we can go to dealer and get a printout first and see if it shows anything.... IDEAS...feed me IDEAS here!!!

Performance package? There was sports package, cold weather package, appearance package....

The 03 sports package came with bodykit, red internal dash, 17"s.
The 03 appearance package came with whatever you ordered + bodykit.

Necessity said:
Performance package? There was sports package, cold weather package, appearance package....

The 03 sports package came with bodykit, red internal dash, 17"s.
The 03 appearance package came with whatever you ordered + bodykit.

he meant sports package you must forgive him he is a MSP owner and does not know tha names of our packages but yes johnny your fiance should have gotten all the inlcuded things as she does have the sport package exterior not the appearance package. I have a feeling the dealer took a nicely loaded 6s without the sports package with the gray leather she wanted and swtiched the bumpers off another car and then charged her for the sports package if so then I would demand the rest of the options that were included in the package

if she got the 04 and it's missing those things for the "performance package" that's correct. the 04 sports package doesn't come with those things, they are part of other packages now. the 03 sports package would have included all those things you said are missing.

Chilly said:
if she got the 04 and it's missing those things for the "performance package" that's correct. the 04 sports package doesn't come with those things, they are part of other packages now. the 03 sports package would have included all those things you said are missing.

the car is an '03 it has no antenna

The car is an 2003... Timba24 and I have been talking about this along with my Fiance, and are trying to remedy the situation. I'm going to call mazdausa today and see what I can come up with. The problem is going to be finding the factory paperwork that stated what was on the vehicle.

It's one of those things that may have been disclosed on paper. But if it was a 6s with app pkg. then they changed a few things around... oh man are they in trouble......... were talking about either fixing the car, or having to return it for breach of contract...Timba24 look into that for me.. hehe! If they sold her a 6s app. pkg but charged her 6s perf. pkg... then heads will roll.....

TheJohnny said:
The car is an 2003... Timba24 and I have been talking about this along with my Fiance, and are trying to remedy the situation. I'm going to call mazdausa today and see what I can come up with. The problem is going to be finding the factory paperwork that stated what was on the vehicle.

It's one of those things that may have been disclosed on paper. But if it was a 6s with app pkg. then they changed a few things around... oh man are they in trouble......... were talking about either fixing the car, or having to return it for breach of contract...Timba24 look into that for me.. hehe! If they sold her a 6s app. pkg but charged her 6s perf. pkg... then heads will roll.....

ya I will ask about someone for you and see what they say. I think however if the did a switch on her and charged her for the entire package then the parts should be replaced it is possible to do so and very easy. Johnny another thing just came to thought her paint on her bumper started peelin off maybe the bumper they did a switch with wasnt black and they did a quick bad paint job and thats why that patch peeled but thats just pure speculation lol I say (fu) them

I say a trip in camo to the dealer with brake fluid in a spray bottle would take care of it.... oh yeah.... just kidding. This is for entertainment purpose only. The name "thejohnny" and any ideas thoughts or actions posted here are for entertainment purposes only.

johnny maybe go to mazdausa.com and register her car for the whole my mazda thing and see if it lists it there I cant remember if it does or not if I have time I will go see what it lists about my car

integrated fogs alone are gonna cost...waaaaay more than any package itself....everything from the lil bitty housing all the way back to turn sig stalk...I was quoted over a $G in parts+labor
(nuts) (nuts) (nuts) (nuts)

Da 6 said:
integrated fogs alone are gonna cost...waaaaay more than any package itself....everything from the lil bitty housing all the way back to turn sig stalk...I was quoted over a $G in parts+labor
(nuts) (nuts) (nuts) (nuts)

Da 6 the point is that she has the '03 with the sports package bumpers so she should have the intergrated fogs, el gauges, titanium trim, and the 17's and all her car came tiwht is the sportpackage exterior

My post was to say the dealership would give cash back instead of getting those options put on...

no way 'Da 6'... were going to have them put these things onto the car. It's either that or they buy the car back. I do believe that this is fraud... selling the customer one thing and then charging them for another. Interesting to find a result. Help, if anyone knows some info about things like this happening let me know. Thank you.

In case no one mentioned the 6 doesn't have an antenna on the outside like most cars, it's built into the back windshield with the defroster.
I would give the dealer and Mazda USA hell, you payed good money for those options and deserve to have them or have the money for them refunded!

swopey said:
In case no one mentioned the 6 doesn't have an antenna on the outside like most cars, it's built into the back windshield with the defroster.
I would give the dealer and Mazda USA hell, you payed good money for those options and deserve to have them or have the money for them refunded!

im incase you didnt know the 203 is the only year 6 with the inglass antenna the 2004+ has a roof mounted antenna. thus when chilly asked if it was a 2003 I said yes it has no antenna

Ok, updates for all. The Sport Package was offered in two different trims. There was the Sport Package, and the Value Sport Package. The Value Sport Package only consists of the front and rear sport bumper...only! No 17" wheels, no EL guages, no Integrated Fog Lights and no titanium inserts. This is from MazdaUSA. Just got off the phone with them, this guy TIM, ext 1136 is the man... Anyway, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Anyone looking for 16" sport wheels, not hubcaps, their forsale. Local or pickup only in Las Vegas.

TheJohnny said:
Ok, updates for all. The Sport Package was offered in two different trims. There was the Sport Package, and the Value Sport Package. The Value Sport Package only consists of the front and rear sport bumper...only! No 17" wheels, no EL guages, no Integrated Fog Lights and no titanium inserts. This is from MazdaUSA. Just got off the phone with them, this guy TIM, ext 1136 is the man... Anyway, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Anyone looking for 16" sport wheels, not hubcaps, their forsale. Local or pickup only in Las Vegas.

johnny I beleive this was only on the 2004 model not the 2003 could someone correct me if I am wrong chilly?

because from what I remember 2003 had the sports package and the appearance package and then they intro'd the sport value in 2004

ONE MORE THING I would still ask to get the paper work as it is more important to see what the dealer charged you for because if they charged her for the sport package and not just the value sports then THEY OWE YOU

No - I'm quite sure the Value Sports Package existed in June 2003 when I bought my car. Or perhaps shortly therafter. I have Appearance, though, with Chrome (ghey-ness to the extreme) Package. I just hate removing stuff from the car, so its staying. All I wanted was base everything, with leather and sunroof, and would have liked the SAB/TAC, but couldn't find that combo (wasn't built). SP was not eligible for rebates and low APR.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if a mistake happened, but i doubt anyone would try to hose a buyer. And in any case - with the VSP - it sounds like you got exactly what you paid for.

Now whether or not the dealership and flunkies mis-represented the VSP as the SP or not, I don't know - but if your GF looked at the car and THEN signed the dotted line - then she has no recourse. If they did lie - then she can go after the dealership for misrepresentation - but NOT Mazda.

Last edited:
Back