Rust on Brake rotor hub-warranty issue

Ryoga28

I'm having a very hard time getting this done under warranty. Basically the dealerships that I talked to said that Mazda believes it to be normal oxidation and will NOT cover this under warranty. The MNAO customer service reps were not helpful because they don't know what the hell I meant when I told them this is rust on the brake rotor hubs. They got it mixed up with rust on the rotors.

At least one of the dealerships I talked to told me to get it documented. However they can't get it done under warranty either.

Any other suggestions? I can't do this myself because I live in an apartment and I don't have any equipments at all. THe local tuning shop quoted me $140 to do all four hubs.

Ryoga28 said:
I'm having a very hard time getting this done under warranty. Basically the dealerships that I talked to said that Mazda believes it to be normal oxidation and will NOT cover this under warranty. The MNAO customer service reps were not helpful because they don't know what the hell I meant when I told them this is rust on the brake rotor hubs. They got it mixed up with rust on the rotors.

At least one of the dealerships I talked to told me to get it documented. However they can't get it done under warranty either.

Any other suggestions? I can't do this myself because I live in an apartment and I don't have any equipments at all. THe local tuning shop quoted me $140 to do all four hubs.

u dont need any equipment to do this. just your jack from the trunk and some spraypaint, sandpaper, and cardboard. and voila!

yeah, 2 hours, and you'll have a better job done the the dealer and without anything else beat up.

it is normal btw. Every car I have had has this problem.

bulls***, this is NOT normal, and IS covered under warranty. All four rotors were supposed to be zinc-coated to prevent rust. Unfortunately, many rotors were put on at the factory without being coated...specifically the rear ones. How do I know this? Because I've already had all four replaced under warranty. Then three weeks later, the rear ones started rusting again. So I called the dealer back and told them the problem, and they said it was their fault, that they didn't get the coated ones for the rear. So I took it back, and they replaced ALL FOUR again, all being zinc-coated. Apparantly, we share the same rotors as another car with wheel covers, so the coating wasn't needed. But since we have the racing Harts, they had some coated so they wouldn't rust. Now, if you're over 12k miles before you brought up the problem, then you're ******. But before 12k, it's covered. I'd start making some phone calls asap.

I just got off the phone with the mazda customer rep before I read your msg about the zinc coated rotors and he basically said nothing can be done. I'll give him a call again to see.

Thanks

Back