How to clean Monster flow air filter

mushi

Anyone know how to clean this filter? Do I need to reapply the oil ? can't seem to find any information in cleaning this filter. Any help is appreciated. Running this filter with my AEM SRI.

thanks.

what i do is take the foam part out and place it in a bag (big ziploc) i put a little gas in there and soak the filter for a min. or two, then just pull it out and wash it with water-

The filter has 2 part. The top layer and bottom layer. Which foam part or you refering too FC3s boy? And also what do you mean by gas? Do you have to put any oil type substance after you wash with water?

FC3s Boy said:
what i do is take the foam part out and place it in a bag (big ziploc) i put a little gas in there and soak the filter for a min. or two, then just pull it out and wash it with water-

there are many cleaners you could use, hell im sure you could buy the K&N cleaning kit and use it on the monsterflow filter...all it is is a solution to break down the gunk and dirt, regardless of the filter material.

Icic.. I think cleaning it shouldn't be a problem anymore but what about apply the oil on filter after? Can I used the K&N one or do I need a special one made specific for foam?

p5sundevil said:
there are many cleaners you could use, hell im sure you could buy the K&N cleaning kit and use it on the monsterflow filter...all it is is a solution to break down the gunk and dirt, regardless of the filter material.

well did the filter come oiled? i dont know why i thought the monsterflow filters were an non-oil filter....only like K&N and the Green filters needed oil?

If it does need to be reoiled every time you clean it the K&N stuff should do the trick...it is kinda meant for a cotton filter element like the K&N stuff but should work fine on the foam. just get the K&N recharger kit, comes with the cleaner and oil together....again this is only if it says it needs to be oiled.

edit:eek:k i wanted to double check all this since i might be getting one of these filters....www.monsterflow.com is under construction right now, their sales # is 619-421-FLOW anyone with a cell phone with free long distance wanna give em a call and find out for sure what they recommend for oiling and cleaning?

or maybe their manufacturing # 909-890-1931

Last edited:
Back