racing seat thread.

hawaiian_msp

:
Boosted Familia
ok, i'm starting a racing seat thread because one day myself and others will buy some and I need info... :D so all of you that have racing seats,
1. what brand and style did you buy?
2. any fittment issues?
3. pros/cons?
4. and of course, (pics)
-mike

anyone have e-bay seats or know if any of those are good -- seen some that look decent for about $250-300 +shipping --- what you think

car006.jpg
i have the tenzo seats. they fit fine but i made my own brackets. im about to switch them with ractive lumbar seats, front and back

ive got courbeau carrera's (now A3's i believe their called) in my sunfire, they hug u tight, i'm 6-4 210 and they fit me tight they loosen up but they have allot of side bolsters, wich i like because you don't go anywhere in those seats. after two years of daily driving they are starting to get thing around the side bolsters. but other then that i have loved them. they came with their own brackets that fit good. when i come into some money i'll be getting either sparco torino's or recaro's for my mp3, both are quality brands.

u know i got my a4's ;) u are happy to sit in them anytime u like dude.

fitment issues, i had some... but theres nothing a drill and a little time wont do ;)

gl

Seats4.jpg

L8R said:
u know i got my a4's ;) u are happy to sit in them anytime u like dude.

fitment issues, i had some... but theres nothing a drill and a little time wont do ;)

gl

Seats4.jpg
yea, I know yours pretty well. yours and wendy's are the only ones I sat in on a protege :D -mike

hawaiian_msp said:
yea, I know yours pretty well. yours and wendy's are the only ones I sat in on a protege :D -mike
i tell u what... go take her seats... i wont say anything ;) maybe lang wont either lol

1. Sparco Torino 2's / Wedge brackets
2. Passenger side seat is kinda tight against the pillar, but it's not too bad.
3. Pros: They are comfortable, hold you in really well, match the interior perfectly. Cons: See 2.
4. Pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php

speaking of racing seats...

i'm contemplating on getting a set. either sparco's, corbeau's, or the jic-magic racing seats.

the question i have is...do they still slide? or are they fixed? it seems like a lot of the people i've seen with racing seats have them permanantly mounted, so my tall ass can't get in their car at all. its a pain in the ******* ass.

how hard is it to install racing seats? I am 17 and I dont have much experiance with real cars. (poke)

Whether or not they slide depends on the brackets you get. My brackets slide.. I dunno, certain ones may not slide.

My brackets slide on my corbeaus and it was as easy and putting 4 screws for the brackets on the seat, then 4 bolts to hold the seats to the floor, took maybe an hour to pull my old seats and put the new ones in.

SP33D said:
3. Pros: They are comfortable, hold you in really well, match the interior perfectly. Cons: See 2.
4. Pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php

are the rear seats just reuppholstered to match the front, or does sparco actually sell a back seat to match?

s*** is HOT!!

SP33D said:
4. Pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php
those seats look awsome!!! good choice (first)

the brackets slide, forward and back, but i notice the height of my seat got alot lower.

if the seats rub the pillars, u can re-drill holes in the brackets itself and shift over some things so the seat shifts also...

its hard to explane, but if u look at the brackets long enough, ull understand what i mean. took me a while to figure out how to slide the seats more toward the center of the car.

peace

Pretzellogic said:
Quick question: will any model of Recaros fit in our P5s? I ask becuase I haven't seen any yet.
hey, one member had black recaros with red stiching in his p5 b4... i remember seeing it a while back... so yah i guess any racing seat will fit, provided the bracket can be made.

peace

Well, here's what my butt says after spending a long ass time testing each model available on Autobacs show room floor:

Sparco Torinos - Awesome, great fit all around, supportive yet comfy.
Sparco Monzas - No sir, I don't like em. Way too tight in the hip area.
Bride (I don't know the model) - Way over rated. Not comfortable and definitely not the "Grip Monster" they claim to be.
JIC - My second favorite. These are the racing seats you could live with everyday.

I also tried a lot of other models, Tenzo, Corbeau, Momo, hell even APC and they were all middle ground. None were great, but none stuck out as being horrible either.

Oh as for the ebay seats. Go look at crash test footage. You'll see how imporant a seat is for absorbing the force of your body being slammed around even in a low speed crash. Then tell me, do you really want to trust your life and ability to walk to something you bought off of ebay from a no name manufacturer? Is it really worth saving a few hundred dollars? Companies like Sparco, Momo, Corbeau, etc. are entrusted by thousands of race teams to protect their drivers in a high speed collision. There's a good reason for that. Stick with the professionals for safety gear.

Back