Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's

AZMSP84

Hey everyone, I know the debate on 225/45/17's has been going on for a while, but I was wondering if anyone has tried these on their MSP. I have some MXV4+'s in the same size on there now and there is no rubbing. If anyone has any experience with these please let me know. Thanks.

AZMSP84 said:
Hey everyone, I know the debate on 225/45/17's has been going on for a while, but I was wondering if anyone has tried these on their MSP. I have some MXV4+'s in the same size on there now and there is no rubbing. If anyone has any experience with these please let me know. Thanks.

I've been using Toyo Proxes 4 225/45/17 for over 3 months now with no probs at all. At 32 psi they rub very slightly in the front at full lock, but at 36+ psi no rubbing at all. By the way great tires those Toyos!

What wheels & offset?

Curious?...What type of wheels are you running? What offset?

thunder said:
I've been using Toyo Proxes 4 225/45/17 for over 3 months now with no probs at all. At 32 psi they rub very slightly in the front at full lock, but at 36+ psi no rubbing at all. By the way great tires those Toyos!

What about 225/40/17. Depending on where it rubs the tire would be a little shorter.

blaZing said:
Curious?...What type of wheels are you running? What offset?
I'm running stock (Racing Harts) which have an offset of +55. Still plenty (well, sorta) of room :)

Last edited:
AJsMSP said:
What about 225/40/17. Depending on where it rubs the tire would be a little shorter.
I'd love to find this size! I've been lookin' all over and I think now that they don't even exists. If someone knows....

thunder said:
I'd love to find this size! I've been lookin' all over and I think now that they don't even exists. If someone knows....
YES, they do exist. I've been debating on these also. I was thumbing through Turbo magazine and was looking at the tires.com add. They have Nitto NT 555 tires at 225/40ZR-17 for $127 each. I'm just kinda hesitant because I don't want any rubbing. Plus, I'm going to be lowered soon. Hope this helps.

Allen-

Back