Lease payments

2lo

Hi all, I am in the market to lease a Mazda3 s and I was just wondering what I should expect to pay for the lease before I get to the dealer so I know if I am being jerked around. If anyone has a lease can you please let me know what you put down if anything and what your are paying for how long, also if you dont mind including what options you got on the the car w/ the lease.

Thanks all. :)

im leasing my 2003 p5 i paid 3000$ CAD down and im leasing for 48months paying 650$ CAD including insurance..but never go for lease coz its always more expensive...

welcome to the boards. sorry, I dont know much about leasing. hopefully someone can help you. and dont mind what people saw about your name.... just say you're not a vendor j/k :D welcome!! -mike

hawaiian_msp said:
welcome to the boards. sorry, I dont know much about leasing. hopefully someone can help you. and dont mind what people saw about your name.... just say you're not a vendor j/k :D welcome!! -mike
haha i was thinking the same thing. you aren't gonna get a lot of love with that name.

~brian

Never lease a car. Cash up front and a big ballon payment if you want to keep it. It's wasted money and you never own it. It's like paying rent.

2lo said:
Hi all, I am in the market to lease a Mazda3 s and I was just wondering what I should expect to pay for the lease before I get to the dealer so I know if I am being jerked around. If anyone has a lease can you please let me know what you put down if anything and what your are paying for how long, also if you dont mind including what options you got on the the car w/ the lease.

Thanks all. :)
I think you want the mazda 3 section, this is the Mazda MP3 section :D

if you go to www.leasetrader.com, you can find a bunch of leased cars people are trying to get out from under. even if you just use it as a guide, it might give you the ballpark you're looking for. Here's my long-winded opinion and cold-hard-math-experience.

Basically, leasing is ideal for people a) who want to put minimum down payment and/or b) minimum monthly payment. Also, people (like me) who swap wheels every 1 - 3 years and always want to be driving a new car can save on taxes, finance charges, and depreciation. With a lease, you still pay taxes, still pay finance (called a money factor), so you basically pay expected depreciation (based on the negotiated purchase price - residual value + money factor + taxes + any add'l fees. The last car I leased was a 2002 VW Golf. Payments on the ~$17.5k car were $235/mo. + $25/mo. taxes = $260/mo. for 48 months with very little cash down and 12k miles a year. Without counting Uncle Sam, that's $11,280 in payments just to drive a car. If I had purchased the same car on a 5 year loan @ 3.99%, my payments would have been $322.21/mo. for a grand total of $19,332 (assuming TTL&F are paid up front in cash, if rolled in my payments would have been $346/mo for a grand total of ~$20,800.) So basically, over the same 48 months, I would have saved $4320 in payment dollars going with a lease. At month 48 on the purchase, I'd still owe $3700 on the car... and i expect it would be worth around $8000 retail. If I sold it for that, I'd have $4300 in equity... the exact same amount I saved by leasing... all the while having lower monthly payments, but no equity at the end of 4 years... unless i went over 48k miles or had any excess wear and tear. However, I wouldn't have had to worry about trying to sell it or getting raped on a trade. And more importantly, with leasing, I only had monthly obligations on my credit. With a purchase, I'd have $17.5+ of cold, hard debt on my credit report. I'm not a big fan of debt at all, and it's killing me to stare at that right now with my MP3. However, I plan to sell it soon and get something else, something much easier to do when you're paying to own the car, not to lease it.

aAHHH! ITS 2LO(WW)!! KILL HIM!

j/k - welcome to the boards. im not a fan of leasing because the car is never really yours. sure it might save you a bit of money, but you will always have a car payment if you continually lease a new car every 1-3 years. plus the mileage restrictions, i hate that. i like to drive whenever without worrying about the mileage.

Back