Purge Solenoid Valve with CAI

YelPro03

:
2015 Mazda 3s Touring
I've installed an Injen CAI recently and I can't figure out the best place to mount the Purge Solenoid Valve. It was mounted on the stock air intake and now I just have it zip tied to some nearby tubing with rubber insulators. I had it mounted on the front strut tower bar but the valve transmitted tapping sounds to the bar and ultimately made it audible inside the car and it was annoying the hell out of me. So I'm wondering exactly where and how everyone with a CAI mounted that valve. Pictures would be nice.

purge solenoid?? You're running nitrous? I just mounted mine in the front grill, I let it purge onto the radiator....you can actually watch the temp guage in the car drop down!

Ghost Buster said:
purge solenoid?? You're running nitrous? I just mounted mine in the front grill, I let it purge onto the radiator....you can actually watch the temp guage in the car drop down!
No, that's not what I'm talking about. If you still have the stock air intake system you'll notice something that is attached to (or stuck into) the top of the rubber 90 degree bend hose that is attached to the throttle body. It has two smaller hoses coming out of it. According to the service manual, it is called a Purge Solenoid Valve. Attached picture is what I'm talking about. I've circled it in red. That's what it looks like when it is in the stock location.

Attachments

• purgevalve.jpg
    purgevalve.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
bend the tab and drill a hole in it, there is a handy place to bolt it right around where you have it zip tied now.

The Injen should have come with two twisted "L" shaped brackets. One for the overflow tank, the other for the purge valve. There's a bolt on top of the intake manifold, right behind the throttle body, that you can mount the bracket to, and mount the valve onto that. Try doing a search for "Injen installed and oops........". It's what happened when I installed mine. I'll see if I can find it in the meantime............

Back