Beware the Dealer...

HammondMSP

:
MSP
Yah they fixed my rotors and bushings (btw rotors look nice and clunk is gone) this weekend but in return I now have a nasty dent where my Turbohose hardpipes were previously hitting and scratching against the Master Cylinder. They put 7 miles on my car from these warranty repairs. Just can't believe they had to launch the schit out of my car just to test drive the bushings... Buyer beware...

So guess I'm just schit out of luck because I have no proof. Just thought I'd share and make sure that you guys stress that they do not drive your car unless you are with them.

HammondMSP said:
Yah they fixed my rotors and bushings (btw rotors look nice and clunk is gone) this weekend but in return I now have a nasty dent where my Turbohose hardpipes were previously hitting and scratching against the Master Cylinder. They put 7 miles on my car from these warranty repairs. Just can't believe they had to launch the schit out of my car just to test drive the bushings... Buyer beware...

So guess I'm just schit out of luck because I have no proof. Just thought I'd share and make sure that you guys stress that they do not drive your car unless you are with them.
Sorry to tell you but they need to test drive cars to diagnose and to make sure their repair has remedied the problem.If the dealer dented your hardpipes by launching the car,then my friend,you drive like a Grandma and need to take all of your performance mods off and sell them.
BTW,adjust your piping so it doesnt hit when launching so as not to let the problem get worse.
Matt

Off Topic, but is it necessary to list each of your mods on a separate line in BIG, BOLD text?

they are probably the 156 E series, hopefully! By the way, what exactly did you say and did you take the TSB when you requested to have your rotor hubs painted? I am assuming thats what you had done, re-paint the rotors??

All I said was " I need to get my bushing replaced due to the clunk and the rotors painted... They have a TSB @ Mazda North America." and the said "o.k."

HammondMSP said:
All I said was " I need to get my bushing replaced due to the clunk and the rotors painted... They have a TSB @ Mazda North America." and the said "o.k."

Heh... I tried that, and the response was "You can't just do that. It's called 'campaigning' and Mazda won't pay for it. If you have a real issue with your car, let us know and we'll check it out."

My response? "May I speak to the general manager?"

Derp.

Speaking of driving the car....I took mine to the dealership to replace the alarm module, and they put 4 miles on the car. (scratch) Think I should have said something? It's only 4 miles, but there was really no reason to drive it, and you can do alot of beating on a car in 4 miles. Or am I being paranoid?

dealer put 23 miles on my car when i asked them to fix my "clunk".....and still said it was the msp's "sport suspension" and thats what i bought...fockers (rant)

HammondMSP said:

When ever the dealer works on my car (3 times now) I ask them to "Drive the s*** out if it!" so I don't have to take it back to them a week later.
I want them to get on it and drive the way I do on occassion. If it breaks in their custody then thats a hell of alot better than it breaking in mine. :)

They put 30 miles on it when they fixed the exhaust and 14 miles on it for the second set of bushings. All in all my dealer has been picture perfect.
Damn, plus the dealer saw your mods and SAID NOTHING! They fixed your car that is a lot more than what some are getting from their dealers.

Last edited:
Its hard to find a good dealer you can trust, the current one my brother has baught 2 cars from and I will only service mine at that location, the previous location where i baught the car didnt fix issues I had, only made them worse, the small clunk sounded like I had a dead hooker in the trunk..(note I have never had or driven in a car with a dead hooker in the trunk, just a figure of speech) They also put 30 km on my car while it was in when they were suppost to put in new weather stripping on one of the doors.....apparently my friend saw 2 people in the car before they pulled back in the dealership..and I only found out about it the day after i got the car back...Thats my rant, I found talking to people that have baught cars from a dealership, or people sitting in the waiting room for service lets you get a good idea of how the service is at that location... (blah)

I went in for service once(i got the first 3yrs, 60000k free service) and decided to go look in the showroom before i left. I saw my car leaving the parking lot and I watched as the tech ripped out of the parking lot, I heard tires squealing and engine racing. I walked back to service and calmly asked to see the service manager. "Where are your garage bays?" I asked him. He looked at me funny, I have been at this dealer for several years. "around the side" he says. I told him what I saw. His face went red. When the tech returned there were 5kms on the car. The manager brought him into the service area, asked him what he was doing. The guy couldnt give a good answer. Then he denied hammering on the car. The manager told him to go home for the day, with out pay and if he ever did s*** like that again...GONE! Dude was not happy about that. Oddly enough, I never see that tech at the dealership anymore. :)

Owned.

MazdaDryvr said:
I went in for service once(i got the first 3yrs, 60000k free service) and decided to go look in the showroom before i left. I saw my car leaving the parking lot and I watched as the tech ripped out of the parking lot, I heard tires squealing and engine racing. I walked back to service and calmly asked to see the service manager. "Where are your garage bays?" I asked him. He looked at me funny, I have been at this dealer for several years. "around the side" he says. I told him what I saw. His face went red. When the tech returned there were 5kms on the car. The manager brought him into the service area, asked him what he was doing. The guy couldnt give a good answer. Then he denied hammering on the car. The manager told him to go home for the day, with out pay and if he ever did s*** like that again...GONE! Dude was not happy about that. Oddly enough, I never see that tech at the dealership anymore. :)
As to them putting 7 miles on your car, HammondMSP, they have to drive the car before and after to find the problem, and then to make sure it's fixed. They don't want you to be driving to your house and have it break on the way.

~brian

If I have to test drive a car I put a min. of three miles on each time. Also I drive all the cars like I drive my car.....hard. If it's gonna break, It will break with me and not the customer.

Yeah, I'm sure the guys at my dealership beat the hell out of it. But I am lucky enough to have a great service department, who don't give me ANY s*** about warranty issues. They almost act like it is fun to work on my car...Tony March in Hartford, Ct. man....they rule.

When I went on my test drive the salesmen took it for a spin with me, cause he wanted to drive it too. Let's just say, I took the OTHER black MSP on the lot when we got back.

Back