Calling all Miata's with Hardtops! Post pics of ur sexy mazda!

Really no point for this thread..just lately i have grown such a lust for Miatas with Hardtops..
Lets make a thread dedicated to the sexy roadster!

Wish we had a hard top on ours to share pics of, but as long as we're still in Hawaii there's just no way I could justify the cost of something we really don't need in this climate.

In fact, this makes me curious. How many Miata owners on here actually have hard tops?

not me... I'm gonna keep the top down as much as I can, and I got enough sh!t in my garage as it stands...

Now if I lived up north where it was cold... I'd consider it?

I got the hardtop with my 10AE. It is nice for long trips to strange places when you doon't know where you will have to park. It also improves your gas mileage. I guess the better aerodynamics off set the increased weight. These are the only pictures I have with the top on the car.

Attachments

• Cielo1.jpg
    Cielo1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 2,560
  • Cielo2.jpg
    Cielo2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 2,558
  • Cielo3.jpg
    Cielo3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 2,485
I got the Miata for its great handling and small size. The fact that it is a convertible is a negative for me.

Attached is a picture of my car.

Attachments

• Pic00004.jpg
    Pic00004.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 2,566
I can't afford a hard top. Damn dealers say brand new one will run me $3500 +paint costs. :(

158355_19_full.jpg

158355_20_full.jpg

158355_21_full.jpg

BTW, rx7gslse, down here the only time I use the hard top is in mid-summer, wen it's too damn hot to put the top down.

Last edited:
altiain said:
Here are some pics of my '99 Sport with her hard top on:
Well, thanks to your pics I think we may have a new item to start saving for. Same color, same year, unfortunately different transmission. Oh well.

I like the look of your car, very clean with the side and rear skirts removed.

Oh, why so many goals and not enough money?

vodapas77 said:
Well, thanks to your pics I think we may have a new item to start saving for. Same color, same year, unfortunately different transmission. Oh well.

I like the look of your car, very clean with the side and rear skirts removed.
The '99 Sports never came from the factory with side skirts, although the rear spoiler and front airdam were standard on all of them.

No sense paying retail for a hard top. I bought mine used (it's a '90 that was originally red) for $800, replaced a couple of the seals, and had it paint-matched for another $200. Works just fine, although it's a tight fit with the Hard Core bar.

Beautiful Miata, Altiain. I especially like the Kosei's. It's not often that I get to see a second gen Miata with a HT.

Thank you. Sad thing is, the Koseis are long gone. This is what I'm using for street wheels these days:

158355_84_full.jpg

I've had the car for three years, and I'm on my fourth set of street wheels (OEM, 15"x7" Kosei K1, 15"x7" Enkei RP-F1, 15"x6.5" Rs Edition Rota Circuit 8) - can you tell I'm fickle? :wink:

altiain said:
BTW, rx7gslse, down here the only time I use the hard top is in mid-summer, wen it's too damn hot to put the top down.
I dunno man... It's the end of July, almost August and I'm quite happy with it being 77 degrees out right now... I can run with my top down in that ;)

GOd...everytime there is a new post i thank myself for starting this thread cuz the hard tops are gorgeous...!!
keep ' em coming..
The Rotas look sick man

Back