Eingne Cover Brackets

lpsalsaman

Contributor
Quick question,
I was able to get ahold of a Engine Cover, but can't put it on because of our valve covers do not have the connection points. For the ones who have a factory type cover, did you bought a new valve cover or were you able to get the brackets like on the DGM Carbon Fiber cover to install it? If anyone know how to get ahold of some brackets, let me know. I really do not want to spend a s*** load on a new valve cover just to install the engine cover. I e-mailed DGM asking if they would sell me the brackets only, but they never responded. I do not know if any of the MP3 or Mazdaspeed guys here have the DGM cover and would like to sell the brackets, since they do not need them. Anyway, any suggestions?

Let me understand this... You have a cover that goes on to the metal valve cover and do not have the proper hardware to attach it to the metal valve cover???

Have you thought about just going to the dealer?? They will be able to get it within 2 days...

Brian MP5T said:
Let me understand this... You have a cover that goes on to the metal valve cover and do not have the proper hardware to attach it to the metal valve cover???

Have you thought about just going to the dealer?? They will be able to get it within 2 days...
Yes, I got the cover but you know that the plastic cover does not go on our cars. The cover came with the parts to attach to the MP3/Mazdaspeed type valve cover, this is why I'm asking if anyone have gotten brackets to installed WITHOUT having to buy a new valve cover from the dealer. The valve cover is $356.00 which is a whole lot of money for just a valve cover. Plus I got the engine cover cheap and it is brand new, so why not get it.

Brackets from DG: 42.00 shipped

New valve cover from Mazda: 170.00

I think he has a valid point to ask.

Brian MP5T said:

The P5 valve cover does not have the nipples to screw in the engine cover like the MP3/MSP ones do.

ghostP5 said:
Brackets from DG: 42.00 shipped

New valve cover from Mazda: 170.00

I think he has a valid point to ask.
Hey Ghost, thanks for the information. You say the brackets from DG are just 42 shipped. I guess I would have to called them directly since they do not answer to the emailed I sent to them. It is like anything, if there's a good deal you got to take it. This is why I have been with this forum since I bought my P5 almost 3 years ago, because I know most of the people here may have an answer. Again, THANKS for the INFO BRO! (thumb)

ghostP5 said:
The P5 valve cover does not have the nipples to screw in the engine cover like the MP3/MSP ones do.
Are you sure, The part number is the same for the P5 and the MSP...

No its not. The MSP/MP3 covers have the 4 screws inbetted in them for the cover to screw on. The P5 ones dont Trust me, I made the conversion.

Ghost is right Brian, the P5 valve cover is different. The engine cover holes do not line up with the P5 valve cover screws. Already checked it out a while back. This is why DGM made brackets in order to put their version on the P5's and since the fiber cover is the same as the original, the brackets will work. I just did not knew if they would sell them separate from the cover they have.

Latest posts

Back