AEM ems for Mazda Protege 01+

Does anyone have a working AEM style EMS in their Protege yet? Everytime someone starts the project, it gets bogged down and disappears.

SpoonD, Roni, and one other here on the board have gotten their AEM spliced in by Wagner. It takes some customization to work with certain sensor pickups but I believe he got it to work satisfactory. Beau at MAM is working to get the system calibrated (no workarounds) and wired for Plug 'n' Play. That's where my car is right now...

I have a working AEM in my Protege, it's running quite well. I know of only 2 other people that have Proteges with the AEM in them, both from Wagner, (spoond and philly-orange) but I do not know how they are running.

Anyone else?

ddogg777 said:
SpoonD, Roni, and one other here on the board have gotten their AEM spliced in by Wagner. It takes some customization to work with certain sensor pickups but I believe he got it to work satisfactory. Beau at MAM is working to get the system calibrated (no workarounds) and wired for Plug 'n' Play. That's where my car is right now...
Speaking of your car right now, how is it coming along?

So a true PnP kit is still in development. The only working ones are custom units, so I guess I'll talk to Wagner then, thank you.

How is that coming along, MAM? I need a standalone for my N/A build pretty shortly, so I've been looking into my options, and I like the idea of the PnP AEM, for wiring's sake. I'm going to be running ITB's, so I won't be using a MAF, but I might use a MAP in conjunction to replace it. If you could, drop me a PM with pricing/availability, and I'll add it to my quickly-growing list. =)

pnp huh

ok well i have been messing with my aem getting it wired up adn every thing and i dont see how it will work with out the wires coming from the crank and cam being spliced and the cam gear being ground it will run with it not ground but it runs like s*** so i want to see it work and see it work properly im not being smart i just want to see if it works as good as mine being spliced if so im intrested in a harness that ddogg777 had mentioned to me a while back

SPOOND said:
ok well i have been messing with my aem getting it wired up adn every thing and i dont see how it will work with out the wires coming from the crank and cam being spliced and the cam gear being ground it will run with it not ground but it runs like s*** so i want to see it work and see it work properly im not being smart i just want to see if it works as good as mine being spliced if so im intrested in a harness that ddogg777 had mentioned to me a while back
yeah, possibly Beau might offer just the harness to people who happen to already own an AEM, but dont expect the harness to be cheap, the plugs needed are like $75 each.... rediculous, though I'm going to be looking for an alternative once I get the plug particulars from Beau.

SPOOND said:
The cam and crank are halofax and magnatic pickups.
The cam gears are a 3 tooth sync.AEM is one.So with alittle software tweeking you can have it sync on 3 tooth.

Latest posts

Back