AEM ems for Mazda Protege 01+

MAMotorsports said:
The 1050 box is the updated 1010 box.It's for an Acura.We are working on the sensor issue with the cam gears.
so are there any other models that we can use?

just want to know so that if i run accross any deals i don't miss out...thanks

1FASTMSP said:
so are there any other models that we can use?

just want to know so that if i run accross any deals i don't miss out...thanks
You can probably use the Miata box and change a few inputs to make sure it works. Just wire it up correctly.

Any updates on this?

Dave

Sorry, not yet...

It might take a couple more weeks before this is completed. The extra time is given to the fact that they are trying to get harnesses made so that there won't be any messy splicing of wires.

Last edited:
Good to hear! Keep us updated. I am looking into changing my choice for engine management.

Dave

What features does the EMS have besides the ovious fuel and timing control (launch

control, built in sensors, full throddle shifting ect).

Yep, too much to list. Just browse the forums at AEM or download the manual. It does a lot of stuff!

I was just reading the AEM manual and found something interesting. The AEM has two knock inputs! This will allow you to hook up dual knock sensors. For our engines this will be nice because we only have two coil packs (each pack controls two cylinders). One knock sensor can be set up to listen/adjust two cylinders' fuel/timing and the other sensor can listen/adjust the other two.

Last edited:
i should try dual knock sensors with my aem. i haven't set up knock control yet.

Yeah, the AEM does have some nice features. Some many won't use. It's overkill, but a GOOD overkill. (eekdance)

This whole AEM thread all sounds redundant...anyone else??

Brian, send an im to "MazdaMattyP5". He just wants to ask you a haltech ?

Here's some good news: The AEM is coming along very well and most major obstacles are now gone. I'm guessing that this plug'n'play ems might be up and running by the end of this month. But don't quote me on that, I will find out more later.

The AEM gurus have my car now. There won't be any butt-splicing involved with this project! (evil)

Latest posts

Back