AEM ems for Mazda Protege 01+

i understand that and i have one...but it is my understanding that you should keep both stock sensors and use a third bung for the AEM.

Oh, I thought you understood. Guess I was the one not understanding :)
I never heard that about using a third one...hmm. I don't know why that would be beneficial, where did you hear that?

When I go home I will read up more on the O2 sensor section and see.

beau told me to use a third one, which i figured that is why i had a third bung with a plug in it in my downpipe. to get accurate readings it needs to be at least 18in from the turbo beau said, and im assuming your car could run like ass or damage the stock sensor by removing it.

I might be blowing hot air, but I believe that in your case you keep all the stock sensors so that your stock ECU doesn't have a brain fart. I can see why you would use the 3rd bunge then.

I asked Beau if he is going to use the AEM as a stand alone or parallel unit. That will determine a lot of things.
Did you guys know that the AEM can control the CheckEngineLight to be a shift light? That is something Beau was able to do with the Mustang, we'll see what all he can do on the Pro.

that is special...just, special....sounds cool, I'll be keepin an eye out for this.
ddogg777 said:
Did you guys know that the AEM can control the CheckEngineLight to be a shift light?

just so you guys know i talked to beau a while back and he already tried the aem on the protege and knew everything that perf was going to encounter and i hinted at things about but then wen beau questioned him and everyone got on him but he was 100% correct beau anit no bullshiter if theres problems or he gets it 1/2 working unlike perf he wont sell it to you. he can answer all your questions straight up and stand behind his work 100%.

also hope everything is well beau...

SenorCorwin said:
just so you guys know i talked to beau a while back and he already tried the aem on the protege and knew everything that perf was going to encounter and i hinted at things about but then wen beau questioned him and everyone got on him but he was 100% correct beau anit no bullshiter if theres problems or he gets it 1/2 working unlike perf he wont sell it to you. he can answer all your questions straight up and stand behind his work 100%.

also hope everything is well beau...
yea beau is always straight up. thats why he stopped before when he couldnt get the harness they didnt make, and he didnt think it was cost effective, and before you had to tear apart the box like nick did, which voids the warranty, if i recall correctly.

vindication said:
nice to hear someone else is going through with the AEM ems. I'm just subscribing for more news. Do you have any idea on when this will be available and how much it will be offered for? Or will the price depend on what complications you run to and if it comes pre-tuned so we can finish tuning it ourselves or by a shop?
I'm not exactly sure where pricing will be right now.It depends on what we can get the male/female connectors for,labor to build the harness,etc.
If I was to put a number on it it will be more than likely in the $1500-$1600 range.

ddogg777 said:
I asked Beau if he is going to use the AEM as a stand alone or parallel unit. That will determine a lot of things.
Did you guys know that the AEM can control the CheckEngineLight to be a shift light? That is something Beau was able to do with the Mustang, we'll see what all he can do on the Pro.
It will be in parallel.

MAMotorsports said:
It will be easy when it's up and running and all the bugs are worked out.So far the thing that takes the most time is building the adapter harness.

For those that are interested in this here is the begining parts list.
Keep inmind the parts listed here are not all that is needed.
AEM 1050 EMS
ECCV Calibration file
female EECV harness
AEM 1050 pin out harness.
could you be a little more specific about what vehicle this is for? i looked up the AEM 1050 on their website and it is not listed...

1FASTMSP said:
what about the new exhaust cam gear? it said something about this in the GB on protegeclub that was being put together to buy through wagner....something about a difference in magnets on the cam gear? any thoughts on this beau?

1FASTMSP said:
could you be a little more specific about what vehicle this is for? i looked up the AEM 1050 on their website and it is not listed...
The 1050 box is the updated 1010 box.It's for an Acura.We are working on the sensor issue with the cam gears.

To buy this unit do we have to list what Mods have been done on the car, for your company to calibrate. Thanks

ogsp5 said:
To buy this unit do we have to list what Mods have been done on the car, for your company to calibrate. Thanks
Correct.In order for us to build you a startup calibration we will need to know things like mods,altitude,etc.

Back