shifting from 4th to 5th gear problems???

ttlkaos

:
03 Black Mazdaspeed
Is there anyone out there that is having a problem shifting from 4th gear to 5th gear after around 90 mph????? If I take my car up to around 100 and go to shift into 5th, it won't let me. I've tried EVERYTHING!!! If I hold it there and wait for it to go into gear, it will around 85 or 90, but nothing over that.

no problems here,
i'd get it checked out at the dealer....but they'll probably tell you, that they cant duplicate the problem, since its a little above speed limit....

What could the problem even be though.....what causes something 'stupid' like this? Every car i've ever had has never had a weird problem like this.

Wow, they make synthetic tranny fluid...? hmm, sweet!! And about 2 weeks ago i installed the kartboy short shifter and bushings, still didn't change it. I was guessing that would change it, but i was wrong.

its prolly not a solution to your problem but i would try GM Syncromesh tranny fluid. its not going to harm it, that's for sure. but if it will not fix it then off to the dealer you go.
I would take off the aftermarket shifter though before you go, so they cant void your warranty based on the parts installed.

damn, that sucks, i don't wanna take it off, i just put it on. But i guess if i can't figure anything out, then that's my last resort.

Back