Black Headlights on 2003?

Equinox

Daddy Warbucks
Contributor
:
09 370Z Nismo
Hey I was playing around at MazdaUsa.com and I noticed when playing with the color selector for the protege5, the headlight housings are all black - they change it already for the 2003 switchover?

Doesn't really look black to me. Looks more like a crappy image taken at an anlge where it reflects and looks black. Are they actually adding in black headlight housings for 2003? Kinda gay...

biknman and cdglowp5 went to the dealer here, and said that they have either black housing p5 lights(p5's), and also a chromed out mp3 headlight(other proteges)

I hope they aren't blacked out, I'll swap the housings with a 2002 if that's the case, I'm sure there are a lot of people here that would want them :)

eMKay said:
I hope they aren't blacked out, I'll swap the housings with a 2002 if that's the case, I'm sure there are a lot of people here that would want them :)

my Laser Blue has landed at my dealership and i'll be picking it up in a day or two...can't wait...

i've seen the blacked out housing and it looks good on all colours, but especially so on yellow...it looks AMAZING!!! there is a night and day difference between tem and the 2002 lights...the blacked out ones look much more aggressive...

I went to a dealship over the long weekend and also noticed the black housing for the headlamps.... I got a close look at them and asked the dealer if this was the original housing and he said yes they've changed it... I'm from Vancouver, BC Canada by the way!!

thx Max

maximus_six said:
I went to a dealship over the long weekend and also noticed the black housing for the headlamps.... I got a close look at them and asked the dealer if this was the original housing and he said yes they've changed it... I'm from Vancouver, BC Canada by the way!!

thx Max

Well that sucks, I saw them on an ES and didn't like them. I guess I'm the opposite of ggweci. But dhe said they really look good on Yellow so I'll wait until mine comes in and judge it then. I really like the chrome lights and if I don't like the black ones I'll happily trade housings.

EDIT - ggweci, please post pics of your ride when you get it :cool:

Last edited:
Hey Maximus_six........I am from Vancouver too.........And I am gonna go down to the dealer later today and check them out !!
PM me if you are interested in the vancouver protege club.....

:mad: :mad: GRRRRRRRRR I just bought my car like last month and now they are changing all of these things. For the most part I don't care about the changes but on the headlights!!!! I was planning on painting them but now I guess I will just go and see if I can buy them. OUCH$$$$ Anyone want to buy my old stock ones????? Guess EBAY here they come. Just imagine the blacked out housings and HID's . :eek: :eek:

Anyone wanna trade?

I have the chromed out 2002 but if anyone with the new blacked out 2003 doesn't like them, I'm definitely willing to trade. I'm in Northern Virginia. Let me know.

Back