Looking for Advice on Purchase

Havok

I'm new to the forum, and Mazda cars for that matter, but I've been looking at the 6's for the last few weeks. I'm interested in getting a 6s and can't decide between the 5-door and the 4-door. Any pro or con in going with one or the other. I'm leaning toward the 5-door. I just wanted to hear from people that have owned one for a while and could throw in an opinion.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows if Mazda is going to continue there 0% financing into next month, just in case I can't make up my mind this week.

Thanks

Matt

I own the 5-door so maybe I am somewhat biast but here's what I think.

5-door:

Pros:
More cargo/cabin volume, looks better (in my opinion), tighter sportier suspension, comes loaded 4 cylinder or V6, rear wiper, sport grill

Cons:
Slightly more expensive, brake light is on trunk instead of spoiler

Garfinkle said:
I own the 5-door so maybe I am somewhat biast but here's what I think.

5-door:

Pros:
More cargo/cabin volume, looks better (in my opinion), tighter sportier suspension, comes loaded 4 cylinder or V6, rear wiper, sport grill

Cons:
Slightly more expensive, brake light is on trunk instead of spoiler

rear wiper blade is ridiculous

how does the hatch have a spotier suspension?

hatch pros: good looks, more cargo room, standard sports package

hatch cons: hatch is not as rigid, rear headrests block some view, brake light in hatch, a little heavier than the sedan.

by the way I have a sedan.

timba24 said:
how does the hatch have a spotier suspension?

Here is what it says and Mazda's Canadian website under Mazda6 Sport (in canada "sport" = hatch)

check it out at www.mazda.ca

New suspension system offers control and comfort

Unique Mazda6 Sport Highlights

The new Mazda6 Sports tight suspension, tuned for driving comfort, guarantees optimal driving quality. Double front A-arms and a multilink rear axle arrangement, combined with wide track width and low centre of gravity, give the car sporty handling characteristics, while its precise steering delivers optimal tire-to-road contact, whether on the highway or country roads.

Garfinkle said:
Here is what it says and Mazda's Canadian website under Mazda6 Sport (in canada "sport" = hatch)

check it out at www.mazda.ca

New suspension system offers control and comfort

Unique Mazda6 Sport Highlights

The new Mazda6 Sports tight suspension, tuned for driving comfort, guarantees optimal driving quality. Double front A-arms and a multilink rear axle arrangement, combined with wide track width and low centre of gravity, give the car sporty handling characteristics, while its precise steering delivers optimal tire-to-road contact, whether on the highway or country roads.

um its the same DAMN suspension lol

the sedan would realistically be the sportiest since the frame of it will be stiffer and the car is a little lighter

timba24 said:
um its the same DAMN suspension lol

the sedan would realistically be the sportiest since the frame of it will be stiffer and the car is a little lighter

Are you sure? The dealer told me the same thing when I bought the car...of course dealers are often full of sh*t, but then again they couldn't really lie on the national website. After all it is under the section "unique" sport highlights.

Lol, thanks for the response guys this gives me some stuff to think about.

Anyone else have an opinion?

People have swapped out stock springs for the same springs that go on the sedan. The suspension appears identical with respect to springs and struts, and even part numbers (maybe somenone can confirm this).

It would be ridiculous to expect Mazda to have changed the suspension geometry or design in any other way - the description reproduced above also perfectly describes the suspension in the sedan.

With all that said - I own a sedan. However, for the simple reasons that the hatch is WAY more utilitarian, as well as the fact that it looks cooler, I would prefer to own a hatch. I only own a sedan because I couldn't wait for the release of the hatch. Of course, I've enjoyed ownership for a year now - so the tradeoff was ok for me! But if I were buying now - heck I'd buy a hatch - no question!

Back