ARP Exhaust Manifold Studs

Equinox

Daddy Warbucks
Contributor
:
09 370Z Nismo
Anyone have any idea of the size, pitch, style for the exhaust manifolds on the FS-DE. I want to get ARP header studs, not bolts, and their respective nuts for them. The stock manifold I think has 4 studs and the rest bolts. ANy ideas guys? I want to replace them all when I bolt up the turbo.

I think the studs are M8 X 1.25 X 1.25 (well, I have them).

ARP makes the 8 piece stud kit, but Tony included bolts instead; I'm content with the way the kit is.

I'm still trying to find out what the pre-cat to manifold stud size is. Any idea?

Dimitrios said:
I think the studs are M8 X 1.25 X 1.25 (well, I have them).

ARP makes the 8 piece stud kit, but Tony included bolts instead; I'm content with the way the kit is.

I'm still trying to find out what the pre-cat to manifold stud size is. Any idea?

call Wagnermotorsports, they make a header that keeps the precat, so I am sure they can easily help you out, and Andy's cool anyhow.

Yah, well that's the reason I'm looking for the stud size: I have the Wagner shorty.

I also have the ARP studs from Tony at AWR, but I wanted to replace the precat ones too...just wondering if I should or not. I was going to just pick them up from my local speed shop or Summit because nothing was really listed explicitly.

I've emailed Andy, but I'll give him a call in the AM.

FYI, head studs are M8 x 1.25 pitch x 40 mm. However, I used 45 mm ARP studs (item ARP-400-8013 is what I bought from Summit Racing. The cap screws need to be like 38 mm however, else you'll end up bottoming most of the 40 mm length stuff.

I need to return my kit to Tony at AWR and get shorter cap screws and longer studs.

Dimitrios

LOL... yeah..

btw... one update to the beginning the stock studs are 38/40mm and ARP has a 1.25 and 1.5" stud set available (the 1.5" is a true 38/40mm) I'll be ordering a set soon.. (and they are M8x1.25

Back