Spool Turbo MP3 Blew Up

About 3 or 4 weeks abo I was involved with a Imature battle on this site.

I made a coment that anybody with more thain 25 whp or that is boosting more thain 12 - 15 PSI without forging there internals, They are at risk of blowing there engine's

I was slammed by erybody telling me IM WRONG, and that there is no risk

plenty of people are at 12 PSI and are running fine (someone even said they had a STOCK MSP with 330 whp)

Since then everyday I read another post about another blown engine. (2 of these engines belong to 2 people who were Bashing me, good for them, is how I feel, but Im bigger thain that and still I hope them well.)MAYBE PEOPLE SHOULDNT BE SO HARD HEADED AND ACCEPT A COMENT LIKE THAT FROM SOMEONE THERE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THEY MIGHT OF AVOIDED THIS ALL TOGETHER.

Its just that all these motors are blowing up and pretty much everybodys motor that has blown, is doing the things I warned would cause them to blow.

And everybody loves to bash me since then as I was making rude coments and vividly insulting

BUT ALL IN ALL I WAS RIGHT

I made a simple coment and the riples from it were endless.

BUT I WAS STILL RIGHT (I GOT BANNED ABOUT 12 TIMES OVER THIS s***)

BUT MY POINT STANDS CORECT

and more and more MSP are proving me right.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT BLEW THERE s*** UP, I HOPE YOUR NEW BLOCKS GET MORE HP AND LAST LONGER, GOOD LUCK

ProtegeSpeedLX said:
I made a coment that anybody with more thain 25 whp or that is boosting more thain 12 - 15 PSI without forging there internals, They are at risk of blowing there engine's

I was slammed by erybody telling me IM WRONG, and that there is no risk

plenty of people are at 12 PSI and are running fine (someone even said they had a STOCK MSP with 330 whp)

Its just that all these motors are blowing up and pretty much everybodys motor that has blown, is doing the things I warned would cause them to blow.
I have said as well that I felt that above 12-14 was sketchy. I knew my motor was on its last legs from its days at 16 psi.. the car just didn't feel right and kept getting slower the more I tried to push the tuning.

The stock internals just aren't made for the power.... you can do it, and you won't blow up.... for a while :). You can do anything you want, it's just a matter of how long it will take to go. Frankly on a stock vehicle I wouldnt' recommend pushing past 9 psi for that matter... Even then I don't guarantee that you will stay safe.... so it's really a risk everyone has to measure out and follow.

However, in the defense of those who felt otherwise, until motors start popping it is impossible to really determine what the limit is and what is or isn't safe. The fact that a number of cars (mine included) had been pushed well up to 16 psi without problems furthered that theory. The problem was there was no longevity concerns or coverage at that point.

The mini coopers will start going through this soon. They are starting to push to about 300 hp... and supposedly "safely" on stock internals... I highly doubt the motors will hold it safely for any length of time. But until they start popping motors there is no way to know for sure

Additionally, issues like detonation and the tune come into play. So there are a lot of factors...

If you are modding your car with boost and upping the power, expect to have issues. Otherwise don't do it or err very heavily on the safe side. There is no other way around it!

Later

Steve

Yeah man, you see a lot of people around here (Puerto Rico) making 11seconds on stock internals hyundai motors. Good for a lot of races, then, when it blows up, they just buy another one in the junk yard.!!! Simple...

My friend runs a Hyundai Accent with a Elantra motor, turbo and nitrous, 11 and 12 seconds, DAILY!!!, once it blows, (mostly piston melt) he just rebuild it, or buy another motor.

TurfBurn said:
I have said as well that I felt that above 12-14 was sketchy. I knew my motor was on its last legs from its days at 16 psi.. the car just didn't feel right and kept getting slower the more I tried to push the tuning.

The stock internals just aren't made for the power.... you can do it, and you won't blow up.... for a while :). You can do anything you want, it's just a matter of how long it will take to go. Frankly on a stock vehicle I wouldnt' recommend pushing past 9 psi for that matter... Even then I don't guarantee that you will stay safe.... so it's really a risk everyone has to measure out and follow.

However, in the defense of those who felt otherwise, until motors start popping it is impossible to really determine what the limit is and what is or isn't safe. The fact that a number of cars (mine included) had been pushed well up to 16 psi without problems furthered that theory. The problem was there was no longevity concerns or coverage at that point.

The mini coopers will start going through this soon. They are starting to push to about 300 hp... and supposedly "safely" on stock internals... I highly doubt the motors will hold it safely for any length of time. But until they start popping motors there is no way to know for sure

Additionally, issues like detonation and the tune come into play. So there are a lot of factors...

If you are modding your car with boost and upping the power, expect to have issues. Otherwise don't do it or err very heavily on the safe side. There is no other way around it!

Later

Steve
This user you have posted to has been Banned several times for being an ass.

The Mini has the benifit of being made by Mercedies. It will still POP and then they will buy forged parts from Beau, J/K. But they will buy forged!

TurfBurn said:
Well I have BUTT loads of pictures... since the blown up part is pretty covered... I'm going to make a new thread of "the rebuild" and try to include enough info so that people can benefit from reading the thread if they want to do it themselves. I'll try to add some more of the blown pictures here... but here is a good teaser for you.. :)
The Piston looks too scary. I was lucky that mine stayed intact, just bent in the cylinder 45 Deg... Yikes.

igdrasil said:
Yeah man, you see a lot of people around here (Puerto Rico) making 11seconds on stock internals hyundai motors. Good for a lot of races, then, when it blows up, they just buy another one in the junk yard.!!! Simple...

My friend runs a Hyundai Accent with a Elantra motor, turbo and nitrous, 11 and 12 seconds, DAILY!!!, once it blows, (mostly piston melt) he just rebuild it, or buy another motor.
That is too cool. I love the fact that I'm not the only one who is stupid/driven to the 13's at all costs.

Latest posts

Back