manufacturing location of MSP

Lil Freek

:
'01 pro lx-t
Where are the 03 and 03.5 MSPs manufactured?

i've always thought Mazdas were strictly built in Japan, but from reading around, some people claim they are made in the US..

anybody got any clarification on this one?

Yeah, built in Japan, but apparently the Turbo related stuff was assembled stateside. Not too sure of the accuracy of that statement though.

the motor and chassis came from japan. the "aftermarket" parts (like the callaway turbo and kenwood mp3 player) were bolted on at a port in california.

also, the cars sat at the port so long that they accumulated rust on the rotors. that's why they have rust on them when you get your car.

ok.
i'm actually wondering for importing purposes.. if the car was manuf. in the states, no duty.. but cuz it's made in Japan, and some in US, that might release me from SOME duty charges.

Thanks

Basically Mazda sent over stripped down proteges with the MSP paint, suspension, wheels, tires, and interior, and everything else mazdaspeed was installed at the ports. in fact i have a port installation manual i got from work, it shows how they installed everything and in what order they did it. thats also probibly why we have a lot of problems with turbos leaking intake tubes falling off, alarm wiring, ect. ect. because the guys that did the install arent really mechanics there just like hired help that normally installs body kits and such.

Also mazda was trying to lower the cost per unit on the cars which is why they sent them over as un modded proteges because i believe there is a very large tax on sports cars shiped to the US somebody correct me on this one if im wrong

chillinmcmillan said:
No this sucker is electrical but we need a nucular reaction to generate the 1.21 jigowattes of electricity.....
(hah) hahah GREAT reply!

Back