My car is crazy!!!

Autox MSP

Banned
:
I drive a caution cone
For the past week my car has been hesitating like crazy and doing the spark cut at 4rpms. Yesterday I reset the ecu and now the car drives great!. Drives like a different car, pulls great all the way though the redline. No hesitation found and i've been driving it alot for couple days.

I really hope that i dont have to reset the ecu all the time.

Yeah...mine has been doing that alot too, maybe I'll try the reset. I'm gonna bring her back to the dealership soon for some #*#*#*#*#*# problems (I'll post them up after I get it back...damn Mazda trolls! LOL.

but anyway, I took it to be the heat & possible heat soak, so I've just been trying to lay off the boost for now & I can't express how hard that is!

mattybo said:
disconnect the negative battery terminal for 30 seconds or so.
Does that reset the radio settings?

I got some hesitation today, just once though. Could it be this heat?

Crock said:
Does that reset the radio settings?

I got some hesitation today, just once though. Could it be this heat?

yea it will reset your radio settings also...which is a huge PITA if you have sirius like i do....

That sucks. And I just spent like an hour and a half getting them 'perfect' this weekend. Who am I kidding... I loved every second of it! :D

hate to sound newb, but isn't there an ecu fuse, and would it have the same effect (on performance) as draining the juice? I'd hate to have to reset all of my levels and such.

ND4MSP said:
hate to sound newb, but isn't there an ecu fuse, and would it have the same effect (on performance) as draining the juice? I'd hate to have to reset all of my levels and such.
This has been discussed before with no real answer. I've tried pulling the 'engine' fuse which is supposed to reset everything along with several other "important" fuses and none of those worked. As far as the radio goes, I've gotten to the point where I can reset my headunit and reprogram everything back in within 5 minutes.

Back